TD made the right move on JJ/PW

Bills lose Jennings to 49ers, Williams to Vikings in Free Agency

by BillsZone.com

The Buffalo Bills have seen both of their top free agents sign with other teams in the first day of free agency. DT Pat Williams has signed with the Minnesota Vikings, according to a report by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer. FOXSports.com has learned that the Vikings have agreed to terms with former Bills defensive tackle Pat Williams on a three-year, $13 million deal that includes $6 million in bonus money. With incentives the contract can eventually reach $15 million

OT jonas Jennings, the top OT remaining on the market, reportedly has signed a deal with the San Francisco 49ers, according to the NFL Network. No immediate details were available on contract specifics, but it was reported there was a $12 million signing bonus.

They do cost $ but now we have holes to fill. PW is 33 frickin years old. I don't blame TD for that. Edwards/Anderson/Bannan/Sape should fill the void fine. I am more concerned about our OL than anything.

I think this year, TD is going to abort his stance on picking the best player available in the draft. He really has to develop a solid anchor on the left side of that line.

Bills lose Jennings to 49ers, Williams to Vikings in Free Agency

by BillsZone.com

The Buffalo Bills have seen both of their top free agents sign with other teams in the first day of free agency. DT Pat Williams has signed with the Minnesota Vikings, according to a report by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer. FOXSports.com has learned that the Vikings have agreed to terms with former Bills defensive tackle Pat Williams on a three-year, $13 million deal that includes $6 million in bonus money. With incentives the contract can eventually reach $15 million

OT jonas Jennings, the top OT remaining on the market, reportedly has signed a deal with the San Francisco 49ers, according to the NFL Network. No immediate details were available on contract specifics, but it was reported there was a $12 million signing bonus.

259782[/snapback]

Pat actually got a little less than I thought he would...Of coarse at $4 million plus per Year I would imagine Minnesota is counting on a 3 Down DT...Pat shared reps an awful lot over the past couple Year in the Bills D. It should be interesting to see how he holds up under the Big Deal...

$12 million in SB for Jonas is WAY over-the-top...But then again the Niners have little to no talent overall, and they need a Vet LT with a Rookie QB likely coming in...They had to do something I guess...

Overall the numbers certainly did not add up in the Bills favor if they had any wishes of retaining either Player...Tim Anderson was Drafted for a reason, and I think the Bills will bring in another DT... At LT I guess we'll have to wait and see what TD has in store...But I have a feeling the Bills are seriously considering going with Peters there...

Should be interesting...

Both players were overpaid. Jennings contract was just insane. 7 years 36 Mil with 12 Mil in bonus. Williams contract is still too much for a guy who was part of a rotation and is 33 this season. 3 years 13 Mil base, 15-16 Mil if he meets some incentives, plus a 6 Mil bonus. Minny had a ton of cap space and $$ to spend. San Fran is the worst team in the NFL, so Jennings obviously could care less about winning. - 18 Mil in total bonus $$ for those 2 guys ? You have got to be kidding me.

I like DT Ron Edwards and since I watch every Buckeyes game, I know Tim Anderson will be just fine.

Now that the insane overpaying is finishing up, TD can now make some prudent signings, starting with OT,OG and Backup QB.

Both players were overpaid. Jennings contract was just insane. 7 years 36 Mil with 12 Mil in bonus. Williams contract is still too much for a guy who was part of a rotation and is 33 this season. 3 years 13 Mil base, 15-16 Mil if he meets some incentives, plus a 6 Mil bonus. Minny had a ton of cap space and $$ to spend. San Fran is the worst team in the NFL, so Jennings obviously could care less about winning.  -  18 Mil in total bonus $$ for those 2 guys ? You have got to be kidding me.

I like DT Ron Edwards and since I watch every Buckeyes game, I know Tim Anderson will be just fine.

Now that the insane overpaying is finishing up, TD can now make some prudent signings, starting with OT,OG and Backup QB.

260018[/snapback]

You make a good point about the avoiding the rush to overpay. I also agree with you on Ron Edwards as he could just be one rung down the ladder from Pat next year. He really has come on under Krumrie but won't have a big enough year to command big bucks. If he's solid this year then he's the guy we sign long-term, not a 33yr old DT.

I still think we're alos waiting to either complete the Shelton trade or rule it out before spending our money because we've got to grab a LT or a RT if we are indeed moving Mike to the left side.

I am not so sure if JJ's contract is that bad. Yea, he got a 12 mil sb but still the average is only about 5 million a year. So his first year cap hit is probably in the 3 million range. I would have been willing to pay that to keep him. I have not seen the breakdown on salary but it was a doable deal.....

I am not so sure if JJ's contract is that bad. Yea, he got a 12 mil sb but still the average is only about 5 million a year. So his first year cap hit is probably in the 3 million range. I would have been willing to pay that to keep him. I have not seen the breakdown on salary but it was a doable deal.....

260043[/snapback]

But with all our key FA next year his contract would've sunk us. TD is not Butler and we're not building a one year shot, we're building a consistent playoff team that can go deep into the playoffs with a shot at the ring.

I wonder if both will be like other players who left Bills ( Cowart , Wiley etc...) What is the over under on the week Jonas is injured?

261817[/snapback]

He'll play 13 games next year, max. It also looks like the Bills are convinced Edwards is ready which is quite a feat since he was like a different player last year compared to his other unimpressive seasons before that.