Beane/McDermott Botterill/Housley = Pegulas' Wisdom

I agree with Scott Law, if our Bills win 9-10 games this years fans can point to the consistency of the off season message this off season as having planted a structure for continued success

However if our Bills only win 6-7 games, these posts are going to look uber foolish, because all those media interviews will have amounted to absolutely nuting, except they made you, and others, fully buy in to a program which only yielded a lousy 6-7 wins in its first year

Just saying...

Then most fans, with football acumen, will realize having talent on the field supersedes the media message and will demand this team go and get talent not just offer a concise structured message, lol

jc

I can't complain with any of these hires, at least from their first impressions. I loved the Housley hire. He'll do wonders for that defense.

Hoping the same is true for McDermott. I saw another poster in another thread say if the Bills just had a coach and a decent defense they'd be in the playoffs. I can't argue with that. With a good defense, Bills probably beat Miami twice and the first Jets game at the very least and take the Fish's spot in the wildcard.

When you hear any of these four guys being interviewed you hear the same themes of discipline, culture, analytics, systems, etc. It is a radical departure from what recent teams of both the Bills and Sabres have exhibited both on and off of the field (ice).

Malcolm Gladwell proposed the theory that you need at least 10,000 hours in your chosen field to begin to reach expert status. The Pegulas' have just crossed that threshold and it shows in these recent hires.

I believe that we are in the early stages of what will be golden eras for both franchises.

You know what? We damned well deserve it!

.....kind of sad about all the crap thrown at Pegulas about being clueless, yada yada....HARDLY deserved.....of course they would have a learning curve with both clubs and are certainly atoning for their mistakes with the recent batch of top notch hires (the checkbook is WIDE OPEN).....certainly everything is on paper so far, but the Bills FO/Admin/Coaching staff (sure McD is a rook) is a pretty impressive list of solid hires from Beane, to his multiple former VP and Personnel Director hires to McD (no nonsense all about winning) and his staff with Fraser (some yipster posted "nothing but a DB Coach";) and Dennison.....looks to me like the "patchwork years of unqualifieds and misfits" post Polian may be over....stay tuned....Jason B is a solid GM hire with the Sabres and Housely as well....surprised Jason didn't go with Tocchet because of Pittsburgh affiliation, but that didn't influence his choice in hiring Phil....better days on the horizon.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I like the hires, but I usually do.

I always sell myself every year that we drafted the right guys, signed the right free agents. And every year is more of the same.

I'll watch, and I'll get excited like I always do on opening day, but I'm more even keeled in my fandom these days.

Less bummed about losses, less ecstatic about wins. Hoping a winner can change that around.

Edited by likei've