A Peters question...

Frez

Guest BackInDaDay
Im sure this is going to sound stupid to many but its just a suggestion what about peters playing DT.  I know it will take time for him to adjust to the position but he is bigger than Pat and faster.  He showe his abitlity to bust through the line on that punt block and also made some takckles on speacial teams.  I think he would be able to play this position because of his natural athletic ability.  Just a thought

259761[/snapback]

Definately outside the box, but if Denney can come in on the Goaline O, why not beef up the Short-yardage D with another wide body?

Like Jokeman pointed out earlier though, I'm sure he'll be getting all his reps with the OL. At this point he may only be projected to fill Marcus Prices spot on the depth chart, but there may be a much greater upside to this young man.

Guest BackInDaDay
Fake-Fat Sunny had a good analysis on Peters a couple of weeks ago.

259783[/snapback]

Care to give us the Reader's Digest version? <_<

I might argue with that. I was at a game or two when I was specifically watching Peters and he was literally the first Bill down the field on the KO team before they hit the blockers. I was really impressed.

259628[/snapback]

No doubt he has straight ahead, single plane speed that his size suggests against- it's when he's asked to apply it in football terms that it looks to me like it changes completely. In some ways like Antonio Brown, a guy who had this tremendous movement straight ahead but if he was asked to make the slightest adjustment laterally he became a regular Joe.

On STs that one way speed makes Peters a big contributor, and probably one of the keys to our resurgent coverage units, but from scrimmage he hasn't shown any sign of the type of movement you want a TE to use to shake a defender, instead he's been very utilitarian. Maybe getting down to the upper 200s in weight would help him, it surely wouldn't hurt his ST game at all.