NFLPA to focus on marijuana for therapeutic reason

try yoga. Seriously.

I'm not discounting anything that might help. My wife is a regular at yoga and loves it, I've tried acupuncture (as has she) and we are regulars and big believers in massage therapy. I fully agree, exercise is GREAT for your well being physically and emotionally. I play tennis a couple hours a day about 5 days a week, and try to hit the gym on my off days. I miss it if I don't get it. I used to have about a 3 mile run I did daily and I'd miss that when my legs told me I had to give it a rest. But that doesn't mean there are not other things that can be helpful. I'm not a one trick pony in that regard. (I'm also not on a pot crusade, as I said I just don't care one way or another for others.)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of what you mentioned works well for me, but not for somone that has hardcore anxiety or depression. i have no idea how dead lifts cure back aches. i stay away from them so i don't bother my back.

concerning the medical use of pot, i think it should primarily used as pain and seizure relief. i'm sure there are other applications, but mostly i like the idea that it can replace opioids. i'm not a fan of the "cure all" idea.

if it becomes completely legal, which i think it will, they have to regulate it like they would booze. sending someone to a mandatory prison stay is just nuts, (i don't think you were being serious anyway).

legalization of pot doesn't have to be complicated in any way. i think most people that fear it are the ones that don't understand it, and really see it as a hard core drug. i'm more of a drinker than anything else, but i see pot as faaaaaar less harmful than alcohol, for what it does to your body, attitude, and addictive qualities.

I don't fear it. I don't care about it. I am just tired of the argument that its some granny clampet elixir that will fix it all.

A looooooottttt of things that are not opiods will do a lot of powerful things. Is big pharma to blame that we don't try more homeopathic remedies? Yes but its not the only problem. Patients, insurance, government regulation... all play a factor. What FDA agent would approve someone taking nandina tea for a heart palpitation? What pharmacy would fill the proscription? What insurance would cover it? What patient would want it?

Its easier to light a spliff than exercise and do more tradtional measures to "fix" issues. I have severe back issues with scoliosis. Exercise fixes it. In a pinch nsaids will too but the prohibit growth of the muscle. Long term i need to be healthy and exercise as a few professionals have told me. And I am bipolar and taking prescription meds doesn't do enough to have an effect. I have no faith that weed would make one bit of difference when in the most severe depression states or the most manic of moments. Because nothing does except meditation and that doesn't fully fix it. Even a friend of mine with terminal brain cancer whom happens to not only be a published expert on cancer, getting her PhD and residency at MD Anderson and is a pharmacist has tried it and found it does no more or no less than medications taken correctly. Which is the biggest issue - people choose to abuse or misuse prescriptive medicine.

This tired argument is tired. I could give a crap who wants to smoke weed but don't blow smoke up asses just to say its medical when most people are too sorry to do anything else but light up a dooby. Most people not wanting to try exercise for physical symptoms. Most people don't want to see a doctor for mental health or focus on why they have anxiety and balance their lives to have harmony.

Weed is not medicine to 99% of those who take KT.

I'm not discounting anything that might help. My wife is a regular at yoga and loves it, I've tried acupuncture (as has she) and we are regulars and big believers in massage therapy. I fully agree, exercise is GREAT for your well being physically and emotionally. I play tennis a couple hours a day about 5 days a week, and try to hit the gym on my off days. I miss it if I don't get it. I used to have about a 3 mile run I did daily and I'd miss that when my legs told me I had to give it a rest. But that doesn't mean there are not other things that can be helpful. I'm not a one trick pony in that regard. (I'm also not on a pot crusade, as I said I just don't care one way or another for others.)

Yoga as fun leisure time for office staff can help. If you start getting into it and the promises it makes, not sure you are playing with a full deck anymore (breathing through your behind, sucking up liquid through your penis...)

thanks for the friendly dialogue. I've enjoyed it.

I recently tore my periformis getting off the tractor. I've not done any yoga in 9 mos. My body is deeeeeadddd

I've had a partially torn rotator cuff that benefits greatly from both the pain relieving and anti-inflammatory aspects of Advil. Think of it like biting your tongue or cheek. It swells up, so you're more likely to bite it again, making it still worse. Get the swelling down so it's got a better chance to heal. I've missed a year of tennis three times with this shoulder. I know what helps and what doesn't.

I don't fear it. I don't care about it. I am just tired of the argument that its some granny clampet elixir that will fix it all.

A looooooottttt of things that are not opiods will do a lot of powerful things. Is big pharma to blame that we don't try more homeopathic remedies? Yes but its not the only problem. Patients, insurance, government regulation... all play a factor. What FDA agent would approve someone taking nandina tea for a heart palpitation? What pharmacy would fill the proscription? What insurance would cover it? What patient would want it?

Its easier to light a spliff than exercise and do more tradtional measures to "fix" issues. I have severe back issues with scoliosis. Exercise fixes it. In a pinch nsaids will too but the prohibit growth of the muscle. Long term i need to be healthy and exercise as a few professionals have told me. And I am bipolar and taking prescription meds doesn't do enough to have an effect. I have no faith that weed would make one bit of difference when in the most severe depression states or the most manic of moments. Because nothing does except meditation and that doesn't fully fix it. Even a friend of mine with terminal brain cancer whom happens to not only be a published expert on cancer, getting her PhD and residency at MD Anderson and is a pharmacist has tried it and found it does no more or no less than medications taken correctly. Which is the biggest issue - people choose to abuse or misuse prescriptive medicine.

This tired argument is tired. I could give a crap who wants to smoke weed but don't blow smoke up asses just to say its medical when most people are too sorry to do anything else but light up a dooby. Most people not wanting to try exercise for physical symptoms. Most people don't want to see a doctor for mental health or focus on why they have anxiety and balance their lives to have harmony.

It's been 50 years of middle class entitled 12 year olds starting to insist it's "scientific".

i think the best way to approach pot in relation to medicine, is that it's just another tool in the tool belt. it's in no way a cure all, but it has applications.

I've had a partially torn rotator cuff that benefits greatly from both the pain relieving and anti-inflammatory aspects of Advil. Think of it like biting your tongue or cheek. It swells up, so you're more likely to bite it again, making it still worse. Get the swelling down so it's got a better chance to heal. I've missed a year of tennis three times with this shoulder. I know what helps and what doesn't.

Cortisone injections helped, that 18 inch syringe they stick through that opening between your shoulder bones is a party...

Eventually I packed varsity sports in and let it heal naturally with a flare-up every two years or so.

Cortisone injections helped, that 18 inch syringe they stick through that opening between your shoulder bones is a party...

Eventually I packed varsity sports in and let it heal naturally with a flare-up every two years or so.

I've had 2 cortisone shots. The first one missed the mark, so that was all the bad stuff with none of the good. A few years later, literally on Christmas Eve, I had a shot that hit the spot perfectly. By then they had added the instant pain reliever so you knew in seconds if they got the right spot. It was the best present I got that year! It had been like trying to sleep with a toothache in my shoulder.

My mother (an RN) was with me the first cortisone injection, I wan't watching th procedure but he dabbed about a gallon of pre-injection goo on my shoulder area, she watched very intently, so both those factors shoulda been a warning. I watched him withdraw the metal and kept waiting for it to end. Good hands on these people!!

The second wasn't as smooth a situation.

And I've had probably 200 allergy shots and the like and usually watch injections devotedly...

I've had 2 cortisone shots. The first one missed the mark, so that was all the bad stuff with none of the good. A few years later, literally on Christmas Eve, I had a shot that hit the spot perfectly. By then they had added the instant pain reliever so you knew in seconds if they got the right spot. It was the best present I got that year! It had been like trying to sleep with a toothache in my shoulder.

The disaster is putting unexpected pressure on the arm and BOOM!!! THERE IT IS!!! with a bursitis tear or immense pain again for a few weeks.

Last time was a hurry to pack for a quickly appointed business flight, reaching into the shower for a small bottle of shampoo and falling into it, stopping it with my bad arm at a dumb angle...

it's really tough to know what is sarcasm or not with you.

You've made some pretty head scratching statements.

you'll get to see I do that a lot for the fun. Except about cam Newton. Dead serious. Worst NFL qb ever

As they should. It very hard to explain handing out opite based drugs but suspening players for smoking pot

Ridiculous. Its a god damn crime.

the crime is that it is still crime. It won't be for long.

Ridiculous. Its a god damn crime.

so was interracial dating, and same sex , sex.

If I owned a multi billion dollar business, I would not allow my employees to do anything that violated federal law. It is that simple folks.

if you were a progressive thinker you would figure out how to chance federal law, in fact you would try to change the law and figure out away to make money off of the change.

You change law by getting the governing bodies (who are Constitutionally enshrined in this task) to deliberate and sign the new law, or stack a court of activists who will overturn in a picosecond.

wow 15 pages !. Ok here is the thing

1 Americans like to get high. We love it, weather it is a runner high, drinking or stronger drugs. Do you know what that the latin American countries say when our government ask them to police the situation? There would be no need if there was a high demand in your country

2. Funny thing about Republicans , conservatives or whatever their current label is. Call the what ever they like just make sure you work hypocrite into the description They preach smaller government, except when it comes to what we put into our bodies, and what we do with our bodies. Then they want to be in full control. Outlaw abortion ? are you going to have a dea like agency going around the country enforcing it ? Drugs? They would rather spend billions denying people what they want instead of giving their citizens what they need like health care or food stamps.

3. Is it a Cure? yes and no. As the brain is our strongest muscle if someone feels better , gets the slightest relief from smoking weed then it is worthwhile. The cancer patient who is throwing up, the migraine suffer , the poor chap with chrons, why would we take something away from a person they say is helping them ? It seems barbaric.

1 Americans like to get high. We love it, weather it is a runner high, drinking or stronger drugs. Do you know what that the latin American countries say when our government ask them to police the situation? There would be no need if there was a high demand in your country

2. Funny thing about Republicans , conservatives or whatever their current label is. Call the what ever they like just make sure you work hypocrite into the description They preach smaller government, except when it comes to what we put into our bodies, and what we do with our bodies. Then they want to be in full control. Outlaw abortion ? are you going to have a dea like agency going around the country enforcing it ? Drugs? They would rather spend billions denying people what they want instead of giving their citizens what they need like health care or food stamps.

3. Is it a Cure? yes and no. As the brain is our strongest muscle if someone feels better , gets the slightest relief from smoking weed then it is worthwhile. The cancer patient who is throwing up, the migraine suffer , the poor chap with chrons, why would we take something away from a person they say is helping them ? It seems barbaric.

no, you just like to get high, maybe you do this every day.

please stop before it destroys everything around you

You change law by getting the governing bodies (who are Constitutionally enshrined in this task) to deliberate and sign the new law, or stack a court of activists who will overturn in a picosecond.

the states are leading the way . these things move fast. Gay marriage is a good example. There are relatively few dinosaurs left . This issue will be mute in ten years at the most. 30 percent can't hold back 70 percent for ever .

I live in New Jersey . Everyone know the minute Christie is out of office , weed will be legal. Big time companies are trying to figure out how to get into the game to take the massive profits. New Jersey won't be Colorado or Cali this will New Jersey style big guys making big money . which will set the table for the rest to follow. stay tuned

no, you just like to get high, maybe you do this every day.

please stop before it destroys everything around you

I know people who drink every day. Some days its in moderation, others one too many which ruins everyone in the neighborhoods day.

The people choose to what extreme they want tor need to go to.

baskingridgebillsfan, on 01 Jun 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:snapback.png

This is soo wrong. A good chunk of my relatives are conservative and they smoke a lot more than I did.

Big Gov't needs to stay out of my weed patch!!!

I stopped at weather. I knew nothing you'd say would actually carry any breadth