Memo to Whaley Supporters

I'm just not into this lover/hater dichotomy.

Whaley is a mediocre GM - or has been thus far. He's been good in free agency and poor in the draft.

He's not the worst - and certainly not the best - GM in the league.

Certainly we can make the argument that the ultimate goal is Super Bowl and Whaley has not (yet?) built a Super Bowl roster.

But with better coaching, this team would have been in contention for the playoffs last season. Whaley's been in charge of the roster - and nothing else - and he's given us an average-ish one.

There are a number of fan bases out there that would be happy just to attain average-ness right now. Then again, there are franchises where average is unacceptable.

Fair enough.

Ok..maybe I read the OP message wrong, but I take from it that he is a Whaley Supporter and just letting other Whaley Supporters know not to feed the fire.

But I keep seeing Whaley Supporters say he is wrong and that Whaley wont be fired...

Maybe i am in left field..its been one of those weeks

Ok..maybe I read the OP message wrong, but I take from it that he is a Whaley Supporter and just letting other Whaley Supporters know not to feed the fire.

But I keep seeing Whaley Supporters say he is wrong and that Whaley wont be fired...

Maybe i am in left field..its been one of those weeks

Thank you. Apparently your IQ is higher than some others.

After reading a bunch of posts about personnel which seem to degenerate into hatred for our front office, I wish to state some NEW RULES to the Whaley suppoerters out here:

1. Stop trying to convince the haters that Whaley has any say in personnel decisions (he is McDermott's toadie):

2. Stop trying to convince the haters that Whaley isn't getting fired an hour after the draft ends(hey Jerry and Bucky fired him one month ago)..

Like that noted philosopher Taylor Swift once opined "haters gonna hate,hate,hate,hate.

Those of us around for the long haul understand that the Bills scouting department is the best it's been since John Butler left and it is only because of the great bloviator that we did not make the playoffs LAST year.

Well said!