WRESTLING MADNESS !!!

"It is the final day of the 2017 NCAA Wrestling Championships on Saturday, and it time to crown some champions.

Nearly 330 wrestlers came to St. Louis, Missouri, to compete at Scottrade Center for a national title. Penn State is the defending champion and already won the national duel title earlier this season.

MORE: See every result from Saturday at the 2017 NCAA Wrestling Championships.

The Nittany Lions had a huge day Friday, and look poised to repeat as team champions. Five Penn State wrestlers will compete for an individual national title as well. Ohio State is currently second and has two potential champions, including Olympic gold medalist Kyle Snyder."

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/ncaa-wrestling-saturday-brackets

nice to see penn state getting back up to the top with wrestling

i have been watching highlights online. wrestling is the toughest sport out there. tougher than anything, especially that hobby of golf; never, ever a sport. only a buffoon would think that was a sport.

"If you're already an Olympic gold medalist and world champion, does that take some of the shine off of winning an NCAA wrestling championship? What if it's your second? "

http://amp.cleveland.com/v1/articles/20350753/ohio_state_wrester_kyle_snyder.amp

"To begin his collegiate wrestling career, Snyder accepted a full-ride from the Ohio State Buckeyes,[10] helping them to an NCAA team championship as a true freshman when he lost to a fifth-year senior in the national finals.[11] A few weeks later he rebounded from this heartbreaking loss with remarkable resilience: Snyder defeated the returning Olympic gold medalist for a chance to represent the United States of America on its 2015 World Team,[12] and then competing on September 11 while on American soil, became the youngest World Champion in American wrestling history by dethroning the reigning World Champion. Snyder continued his extraordinary run by going back to the Buckeyes and rallying for an overtime victory over "a titan of the sport," the returning two-time national chamption who outweighed him by more than 30 pounds and was on a 88-match win streak[13] to win an individual NCAA Championship as a true sophomore.[14] A few months later Snyder would win his historic gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics — capping-off his unprecedented streak of winning wrestling's three most prestigious championships in succession before his 21st birthday, defeating the man holding each title along the way."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Snyder_(wrestler)

Praying that he get's into MMA when he's done wrestling.

prayers answered, can't wait !!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

"Snyder has expressed an interest in Mixed martial arts, wanting to compete in the UFC. He plans to cross train Mixed martial arts with wrestling as he continues his historic world championship runs for Freestyle.[36]"

We are. Watched the finals last night. Having two sons who wrestled,one made it to states. I can tell you that it is by far the most demanding sport. That is why those slackers are in trouble on the Bills. Fat boy is gonna have pulled this and hurt that. Hey, Penn. State won the big ten hockey final last night also.

could be, he was 19 then

one of my most prized possessions is a poster of the entire 96 national champ team autographed and a hat signed by the entire team including coaches, and former wrestlers. i still have and wear my wrestling shoes to the gym to do legs that are signed by dan gable. the 3 weeks i spent in iowa training were among the hardest training days i've ever had - the only thing close was the college track training i had until i quit toledo track.

one of my most prized possessions is a poster of the entire 96 national champ team autographed and a hat signed by the entire team including coaches, and former wrestlers. i still have and wear my wrestling shoes to the gym to do legs that are signed by dan gable. the 3 weeks i spent in iowa training were among the hardest training days i've ever had - the only thing close was the college track training i had until i quit toledo track.

Cool.

"If you're already an Olympic gold medalist and world champion, does that take some of the shine off of winning an NCAA wrestling championship? What if it's your second? "

http://amp.cleveland.com/v1/articles/20350753/ohio_state_wrester_kyle_snyder.amp

"To begin his collegiate wrestling career, Snyder accepted a full-ride from the Ohio State Buckeyes,[10] helping them to an NCAA team championship as a true freshman when he lost to a fifth-year senior in the national finals.[11] A few weeks later he rebounded from this heartbreaking loss with remarkable resilience: Snyder defeated the returning Olympic gold medalist for a chance to represent the United States of America on its 2015 World Team,[12] and then competing on September 11 while on American soil, became the youngest World Champion in American wrestling history by dethroning the reigning World Champion. Snyder continued his extraordinary run by going back to the Buckeyes and rallying for an overtime victory over "a titan of the sport," the returning two-time national chamption who outweighed him by more than 30 pounds and was on a 88-match win streak[13] to win an individual NCAA Championship as a true sophomore.[14] A few months later Snyder would win his historic gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics — capping-off his unprecedented streak of winning wrestling's three most prestigious championships in succession before his 21st birthday, defeating the man holding each title along the way."

Praying that he get's into MMA when he's done wrestling.

it is amazing how short a wrestling career is. most of these guys are done by age 26, 27.

jordan borroughs, one of my favorite wrestlers is up there in age and still going at it. he is married to thurman thomas' wife's niece. he is a bills fan and there have been times i swear he has posted here. i once chastised a majority of professional athletes as being all about the money and not interested in athletic success which is why so many succeed and others ride on their laurels of ability - saying that wrestlers and gymnasts are among the hardest working. whoever it was schooled me and replied several times so i looked at posting history and the topics mentioned. they'd only be when there was a major event that i believe he was traveling at and we were his down time.

I use wrestling shoes to compete in Powerlifting but train barefoot to strengthen my feet, it has cleared up my foot pain that I was having at work.