With the Bills' 1st pick, I want...

This kid has serious size (6'6" and over 240#, with the ability to add another 10-15# easily), speed (4.37 best, but consistent 4.4's, which shouldn't change a whole lot with the addition of some bulk), and a QB and basketball history. He can also catch the rock. I mean with that combination, he's a once-in-a-decade type of prospect, kind of like Willis was, albeit a raw one. I know the Bills have a greater need on the O-line, but hopefully that will be fixed via FA, not to mention this is shaping up as a deep draft for OL. And with Nugent's performance at the combine (12/15 on FG's and failing to put a kickoff into the endzone), he could drop to the Bills' 2nd pick in the 3rd round. That would allow them to draft a 3rd WR or a CB in the 4th. But again, I think you swing for the fences.

There's always something to be said for taking a risk and going for the home run. He's not a safe pick, but he is indeed one of those players with a rare level of talent that could be a truly great player a couple of seasons down the road. Every once in a while, you have to roll the dice and this deep in the draft, the Bills likely won't find a more talented prospect on the board. So, I would have no problems whatsoever with making him our pick in R2.

This guy's stock is rising pretty fickin fast and I really think that the Bucs are going to take him with one of their 2nd's b/c Gruden was all over his jock strap at the Senior Bowl. He could be one of those "slash types", being able to throw the ball, leading his team in rushing, catching passes, 4.4 speed, and the size?! I think he would be worth a 2nd rounder.

This guy's stock is rising pretty fickin fast and I really think that the Bucs are going to take him with one of their 2nd's b/c Gruden was all over his jock strap at the Senior Bowl.  He could be one of those "slash types", being able to throw the ball, leading his team in rushing, catching passes, 4.4 speed, and the size?!  I think he would be worth a 2nd rounder.

From what I can tell, the Bucs only have 1-2nd rounder (5th). The Bills would likely have to move up to #4 in round 2, which would require they trade next year's #2 along with this year's #2 to get Jones. I'd consider doing that.

i wouldn't mind seeing us grab him. From what I remember, wasn't Antonio Gates raw in terms of how long he played football? If this guy can give versatility, and has the same body control (from Basketball) as Gates and Gonzalez, why not?

But that all depends on if he is a true athlete. I've heard that he is.

the risk is there no matter who you pick up in any draft.

so who knows.

i wouldn't mind seeing us grab him. From what I remember, wasn't Antonio Gates raw in terms of how long he played football? If this guy can give versatility, and has the same body control (from Basketball) as Gates and Gonzalez, why not?

From what I remember, Gates never played college football. And it took him a year to get where he is. However he's the RARE exception.

But that all depends on if he is a true athlete. I've heard that he is.

the risk is there no matter who you pick up in any draft.

so who knows.

Jones is an athlete alright, and he's been playing college ball for 4 years, specifically QB which is a LOT more complex than any other position.

Best player available.

This is and always will be the best approach coming draft day. If the guy you think is the better out there by the time you pick you get him.

Once you start looking at filling the needs, that's when you start reaching for guys.

If TD&Co feel Matt Jones is the guy they will draft him.

This kid has serious size (6'6" and over 240#, with the ability to add another 10-15# easily), speed (4.37 best, but consistent 4.4's, which shouldn't change a whole lot with the addition of some bulk), and a QB and basketball history.  He can also catch the rock.  I mean with that combination, he's a once-in-a-decade type of prospect, kind of like Willis was, albeit a raw one.  I know the Bills have a greater need on the O-line, but hopefully that will be fixed via FA, not to mention this is shaping up as a deep draft for OL.  And with Nugent's performance at the combine (12/15 on FG's and failing to put a kickoff into the endzone), he could drop to the Bills' 2nd pick in the 3rd round.  That would allow them to draft a 3rd WR or a CB in the 4th.  But again, I think you swing for the fences.

256411[/snapback]

Will he be available in the 2nd round?

Will he be available in the 2nd round?

No idea. I don't know if anyone could really justify him being a 1st round pick, and 36 overall might be considered a reach as well. I think the Pats might be a team to consider taking him in the 1st, but they took a guy like him last year in Watson.