Henry mention from Cards play by play

from the Cardinals play by play guy:

If the Cardinals could acquire a running back before the draft, that would allow them to focus more on defense with their first round pick. Even though Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams from Auburn could both be on the board, I think the Cards would rather take a cornerback or defensive linemen. Buffalo's Travis Henry would look very good in a Cardinals uniform. Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer thinks Henry was the best back he had with the Vols (including Jamal Lewis). Henry, though small and injury prone, still has great upside. He's tough, and has excellent speed. His contract could be an issue, because the Cardinals don't want to trade for a running back that could walk after the 2005 season. The Jets Lamont Jordan would be another nice option as a free agent.

on the Cardinals official team site - Is the team's PR machine trying to get the fans ready for TH?

from the Cardinals play by play guy:

on the Cardinals official team site - Is the team's PR machine trying to get the fans ready for TH?

256307[/snapback]

Finally a rational voice stating the obvious that it's Cards that likely want Henry signed for longer than '05.

No No he has speed, and a little pot too. 

Just kidding Henry lovers, it's a joke, lighten up, you'll live longer.  :rolleyes:

256347[/snapback]

Oh, I get it now! :) Now that I'd believe :)

CW

this report makes sense AND contradicts the ridiculous report from the Miami Herald where it was reported that TRAVIS was the holdup to the trade since he did not want to play out his contract. A bug duh since of course he'd like to become a FA next year and get the hell out of Arizona.

Travis may indeed be the holdup since he wants either a "lucrative" extension of freedom to walk next year.

If Travis has any kind of an agent (who realizes he has a numbskull for a client - albiet an athletically gifted one!), he'll get Travis to sign a contract quickly else he'll end up sulking on the Bills bench next year.

My guess is that Travis will be persuaded to take the cash and start for the Cardinals until he gets hurt again (probably sometime in Week 8). Meanwhile, LJ replaces JJ and the Bills either sign Pat for the same amount they signed Big Sam or they use the money on a new TE.

-rnj

Guys--what if Denny Green is reading this board :rolleyes: Come on now..Its marketing gentlemen, marketing I tell ya...

Travis has blinding speed--the roadrunner to everyone else's Coyote. He is one of the best blitz pick up backs I have ever seen. He has hands like Lynn Swann and finally, he picks up the tough yard (never trips)..

and Denny--you can have all this for a tackle you have evaluated as an underachieving lard butt. Such a deal, such a deal....better buy while the buying is good...