[OT] New Off-topic post icon...

SDS

It looks good Scott. I mean it serves its purpose, definitely stands out. I guess though that I just never really saw the big deal. I never viewed discerning OTs from Bills posts as a challenge.

Subtle clues in the thread titles like "What song are you listening to right now" always kinda tipped me off that it wasnt about football.

That said, good work. The board really is evolving.

although I don't think I am ambitious enough right now, it would be conceivable to write a hack that filtered out any thread that contained the "OT" icon....

If anyone wants a project in PHP... there you go. It would involve modifying the query to view the main board, storing a value in the member's table, and adding a setting in the CP (with associated html).

although I don't think I am ambitious enough right now, it would be conceivable to write a hack that filtered out any thread that contained the "OT" icon....

If anyone wants a project in PHP... there you go.  It would involve modifying the query to view the main board, storing a value in the member's table, and adding a setting in the CP (with associated html).

255149[/snapback]

and finally, the one or two who can't STAND OT would have his perfect version of TBD. What a glorious day that will be.

That being said, The Icon definitely stands out. Those with OT-phobia should now be fully able to avoid the terrible event of clicking on a post that isn't bills related. (Although earlier i did indeed think "[OT] Happy 16th Birthday to....." was Bills related. Thought maybe Travis's girlfriend had a b-day... my bad.

Well I guess if someone can't read "OT" maybe they deserve to wallow in their misery having to read the post???

Joke, I think it's a good idea.

255154[/snapback]

pressing a radio button is easier than typing. plus, it would be consistant in appearance.

You know, that avatar of yours sure scares me.

255158[/snapback]

I could never tell what it was until I got my laptop. My laptop screen is so clear and bright its ridiculous. On the desktop, I could tell it was a guy with a hood on, but could never get the detail i do know. It looks like the creepy guy from the Video Board game back in the day... the game was called "Nightmare" .. the "scary" guy was THE GATEKEEPER... :o

hang on .. .this particular post was OT...

wow - no way the OT freaks can avoid those!

edit: this is what that guy looked like.. Man, I was 11 when that game came out, and it was indeed rather scary..

http://www.angelfire.com/games/zombierevie.../nightmare1.JPG

I could never tell what it was until I got my laptop. My laptop screen is so clear and bright its ridiculous. On the desktop, I could tell it was a guy with a hood on, but could never get the detail i do know. It looks like the creepy guy from the Video Board game back in the day... the game was called "Nightmare" .. the "scary" guy was THE GATEKEEPER... :o

255162[/snapback]

I don't know, the guy kind of looks like a KKK member who couldn't find the rest of his outfit :D

edit: this is what that guy looked like.. Man, I was 11 when that game came out, and it was indeed rather scary..

255162[/snapback]

What are you rambling on about? :D

255162[/snapback]

uhhhh... you have seen a semi-popular trilogy called Star Wars haven't you?

uhhhh... you have seen a semi-popular trilogy called Star Wars haven't you?

255165[/snapback]

I may be one of the 1% of all American's who can honestly say NO to that. I have never seen any of those movies. More into Indiana Jones, the Godfather, and Evil dead when it comes to trilogies...

Here's a question sds. What about an icon that warns people that a normal football or a sports type post has gone south and turned into a member vs. member death cage match? Kinda like a dagger with a heart through it or something of that nature?

I may be one of the 1% of all American's who can honestly say NO to that. I have never seen any of those movies. More into Indiana Jones, the Godfather, and Evil dead when it comes to trilogies...

255167[/snapback]

Well, briefly - he is the Emperor - the guy Darth Vader reports to. You do know Darth Vader don't you?

Anyhoo, the quote underneath the picture is what he says to Luke Skywalker.