Mehta--We Loved him Ripping Marone

plenzmd1

If Mehta can't see that the reason the Bills fired Rex was because the defense sucked, that's his forte, and with a halfway decent defense they probably would've made the playoffs, he's an idiot. And the cheap shots at Buffalo just make him look like a giant douche.

Absolutely. The premise of the article is that there was no way he could win with our offense. Even if you didn't watch the games, which I'm sure Mehta didn't, the score board would show that the defense was a serious problem.

Interesting read.

He capsulized St Doug perfectly. Marrone is a Class A jerk.

What he failed to get was that Rex is a Defensive Coach, known for his Defensive Coaching and pedigree, yet, the Defense went from a top-5 unit to a mediocre (at best) unit. The Offense was a plus for Rex, but last year was his defensive mulligan. This year, despite all his "all-in" talk and how this will be HIS defense - he got the same average to below average production from the unit that was supposed to be in his wheel house. I am not sure why, but Mehta never talks about Rex's defense - he just rails against Tyrod - who is not the problem and who may not be the ultimate answer - but he IS the best we got and we should ride him until our "Tom Brady" comes along. I think, as other posters noted, he likes Rex - a lot, and doesn't want to kick him when he's down.

Further, I thought an interview someone had with Marcel Dareus was more than telling. He was thoughtful and sympathetic toward Rex, but noted how the players on this defense are aggressive and when you ask them to do pre-snap checks and then read/react, they lose a step and we all saw that on the field.

I think the Pegula's did the right thing and I applaud them for it. Ralph would never have cut the cord while still on the hook for the balance of that contract! The Pegula's are hungry for a win - just like the rest of us fans who live and die with this team. I think they are moving in the right direction.

One last thing - I thought it was interesting that Mehta said Whaley wanted Hue Jackson as HC. That tells me he wanted to keep Schwartz as DC. Who here, with 20/20 hindsight, now believes that Whaley's vision was right? That's probably why he's in charge of the search now and why (as the local media notes) he has the Pegulas' trust and faith..

Haha I guess you really can spin a story any way you want. The facts show that Rex lost the defense and that's why we lost the final 6 out of 9 games. Our offense just put up nearly 600 yards and we still lost and it's not the defenses fault? Ummmmmm OK. Rex is a sub .500 coach and that's exactly what he gave us. Forgive us for wanting a little better than that

Interesting read.

He capsulized St Doug perfectly. Marrone is a Class A jerk.

What he failed to get was that Rex is a Defensive Coach, known for his Defensive Coaching and pedigree, yet, the Defense went from a top-5 unit to a mediocre (at best) unit. The Offense was a plus for Rex, but last year was his defensive mulligan. This year, despite all his "all-in" talk and how this will be HIS defense - he got the same average to below average production from the unit that was supposed to be in his wheel house. I am not sure why, but Mehta never talks about Rex's defense - he just rails against Tyrod - who is not the problem and who may not be the ultimate answer - but he IS the best we got and we should ride him until our "Tom Brady" comes along. I think, as other posters noted, he likes Rex - a lot, and doesn't want to kick him when he's down.

Further, I thought an interview someone had with Marcel Dareus was more than telling. He was thoughtful and sympathetic toward Rex, but noted how the players on this defense are aggressive and when you ask them to do pre-snap checks and then read/react, they lose a step and we all saw that on the field.

I think the Pegula's did the right thing and I applaud them for it. Ralph would never have cut the cord while still on the hook for the balance of that contract! The Pegula's are hungry for a win - just like the rest of us fans who live and die with this team. I think they are moving in the right direction.

One last thing - I thought it was interesting that Mehta said Whaley wanted Hue Jackson as HC. That tells me he wanted to keep Schwartz as DC. Who here, with 20/20 hindsight, now believes that Whaley's vision was right? That's probably why he's in charge of the search now and why (as the local media notes) he has the Pegulas' trust and faith..

Hard to disagree, but I know many will...