Duffs

elcrusho

Wow, funny this thread gets started and soon after I happen to walk into our lunch room to find ... you betcha ... free chicken wings ... from La Nova.

But crap! I'm Catholic, it's Friday, and it's Lent!  :doh:

252755[/snapback]

The POPE can't yell at you with the pipe in his throat :flirt: made me do it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried frying some eggs a few nights ago...  The first 4 were burnt to a crisp.  The next three got mutilated.  The last 3 were burnt and halfway edible but it didn't taste good...

So for me, that's not easy :flirt:

CW

252809[/snapback]

I never would have guessed that what with you being in charge of the recipe section and all. Follow JSP instructions. It really is that simple. I don't get how some places can't make good wings. It's a simple recipe and it doesn't depend on regional specialites like bread in Philly.

The talk of undercooked wings reminds me of that "Coach" episode where "Buffalo Billy" provides the Orlando team free wings and the whole team gets sick. Luther says, "I like my wings a little pink on the inside." Hilarity ensues.

I never would have guessed that what with you being in charge of the recipe section and all.  Follow JSP instructions.  It really is that simple.  I don't get how some places can't make good wings.  It's a simple recipe and it doesn't depend on regional specialites like bread in Philly.

The talk of undercooked wings reminds me of that "Coach" episode where "Buffalo Billy" provides the Orlando team free wings and the whole team gets sick.  Luther says, "I like my wings a little pink on the inside."  Hilarity ensues.

253135[/snapback]

I like *eating* good food, but can't prepare it myself. That's what my wife's for. :D All of the recipes that I've submitted are really hers. ;)

And she's making a nice dinner tonight too; going to buy some fresh seafood and make some sort of cream sauce to pour on pasta (sorta like seafood pasta alfredo). Not sure what else, but I can't wait. :)

EDIT: Hmm, after re-reading it, "that's what my wife's for" probably didn't come out quite right... I didn't mean it like that, just meant that without her I'd be eating an awful lot of sandwiches in my life. :w00t:

For those who don't know what we're talking about, here's a link to the TBD/TSW Cookbook:

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/cookbook/

We apprecaite any and all recipes that people want to submit. Also remember to rate the recipes that you try. Two of my favorites are the crab filled wontons and the artichoke dip!

CW

Just think about how even better the food would be if you turned up the thermostat to 70 now and then. :w00t:

253225[/snapback]

:D

Actually, when my wife cooks, the temperature does usually get above 70 in the house. So that's my secret reason for keeping it low - so she cooks more! :)

CW

EDIT: Hmm, after re-reading it, "that's what my wife's for" probably didn't come out quite right...  I didn't mean it like that, just meant that without her I'd be eating an awful lot of sandwiches in my life. :w00t:

253214[/snapback]

Don't be too harsh on sandwiches.

Still, you could learn to cook a little. It's nice to be able to prepare your own meals every now and then.

Don't be too harsh on sandwiches. 

Still, you could learn to cook a little.  It's nice to be able to prepare your own meals every now and then.

253231[/snapback]

Well, I can grill burgers, does that count? And I've fried up chicken breasts and put them on a bun...

That's about the extent of it though :D

Gonna give me some pointers at the opener? :w00t:

CW