Musing

nuklz2594

Why does it seem we have given up a great deal for every qb we ever had? I am a 41 year old transplant in Maine. Is it me or when we are in the market for a QB, we over spend? Outside of Joe Ferguson and Jim kelly we have rolled the dice and have been screwed 9 out of 10 times. Todd Collins was a joke as Jim Kelly's heir apparent. We sign Flutie and then give up a first round draft pick for Rob Johnson. Don't get me started about Flutiegate. If we had not taken RJ and left Flutie alone we ceratinly could not have been any worse than we were with RJ. Look at all the potential quality players we lost due to trading for RJ. Trading a 1st rounder for Drew Bledsoe was brutal. He is gone but look at what we could have had even draft wise without trading for that statue. We gave up a ton for Losman and now Drew is in Dallas along with the picks we gave to Dallas for Losman. I hope Losman turns out to be decent.

We need a tight end safety gap. Kelly had Metz and a good rb named Thurman to take the pressure off of himself. I think Willis will be a stud. JP just has to understand the difference between his left and his right, because I see us handing the ball off alot. A quality TE who can block would make JP that much more comfywould be awesome. Is Jason Peters going to develop into a TE? Can you see him as an H-back? If we don't get a quality TE in free agency we need to draft one. Wouldn't Lamont Jordan look awesome in a Bill's uniform as a back up or a kick in the ass for Willis?

Your thoughts on my little rant?

If drafting a QB was easy, every team would have a good QB. We lose sight of the fact that we are not the only team in the NFL tossing QB's in the recycle bin. Less than half ever work out, and most QB's are drafted in high rounds. So when one flops, you can say you gave up a lot for them. But really it's just par for the course.

PTR

Why does it seem we have given up a great deal for every qb we ever had?  I am a 41 year  old transplant in Maine.  Is it me or when we are  in the market for a QB, we over spend?  Outside of Joe Ferguson and Jim kelly we have rolled the dice and have been screwed 9 out of 10 times. Todd Collins was a joke as Jim Kelly's heir apparent. We sign Flutie and then give up a first round draft pick for Rob Johnson.  Don't get me started about Flutiegate.  If we had not taken RJ and left Flutie alone we ceratinly could not have been any worse than we were with RJ.  Look at all the potential quality players we lost due to trading for RJ.  Trading a 1st rounder for Drew Bledsoe was brutal.  He is gone but look at what we could have had even draft wise without trading for that statue.  We gave up a ton for Losman and now Drew is in Dallas along with  the picks we gave to Dallas for Losman.  I hope Losman turns out to be decent. 

We need a tight end safety gap.  Kelly had Metz and a good rb named Thurman to take the pressure off of himself.  I think Willis will be a stud.  JP just has to understand the difference between his left and his right, because I see us handing the ball off alot.  A quality TE who can block would make JP that much more comfywould be awesome.  Is Jason Peters going to develop into a TE?  Can you see him as an H-back?  If we don't get a quality TE in free agency we need to draft one.  Wouldn't Lamont Jordan look awesome in a Bill's uniform as a back up or a kick in the ass for Willis? 

Your thoughts on my little rant?

252323[/snapback]