Dennis Thurman play calling

santoro770

Sorry if this has been discussed - I don't post often and I definitely searched for any discussion on this (if I missed it, please do correct me on how best to search for a topic such as this).

However, something that wasn't discussed s lot that I have seen is that when they promoted Lynn to O-coordinator, Rex also gave up play calling duties on defense to Thurman. Rex has been better (albeit not perfect) when talking about overall game management. Defense has obviously looked good; a thank you to the football Gods for Zach Brown!! - A gift from Mike Mularkey??

Thoughts on Thurman now calling the defense? Pointless discussion?

#GoBills - I don't often #, but when I do - It's #GoBills!

Edited by santoro770

i may be wrong but I think Rob Ryan calls the plays when the opposition is in the redzone.

Is that true? That's interesting to say the least if that is the case. I loved the piece on NFL network this morning where they were talking about how, "everyone was sharpening their pencils ready to write about Rex and Rob being washed up and being the joke of the NFL; well they're gonna shut them up in LA" - or something to that effect. Bills fan in Denver - an excellent day for all!

Granted it's only 5 games in, but a fun day.

Edited by santoro770

i may be wrong but I think Rob Ryan calls the plays when the opposition is in the redzone.

I also heard that. I really want to know if thats true because its seems that we have improved in that department over all imo.

Is that true? That's interesting to say the least if that is the case. I loved the piece on NFL network this morning where they were talking about how, "everyone was sharpening their pencils ready to write about Rex and Rob being washed up and being the joke of the NFL; well they're gonna shut them up in LA" - or something to that effect. Bills fan in Denver - an excellent day for all!

Granted it's only 5 games in, but a fun day.

:beer: cheers breh! beers for everyone!

Yeah to me Thurman is just a figurehead DC. I give alot credit of the improved play to Rob, think he has everyone understanding where they need to be and what to do.

Given that the story linked below is from the Bills website, you could be correct. The article is from two weeks ago but was a move I thought was very wise of Rex and not something he would have done if he didn't realize this really may be his last head coaching position.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Dennis-Thurman-to-continue-handling-defensive-play-calls-/4647e345-6bec-4a2a-9938-62e9a93edf41