The Bills' Offense: Comparing Numbers with Roman and Lynn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I said very little of it had to do with the defense sucking that game.

The Jets opening drive alone lasted around 6 or 7 minutes. Before the offense even got the ball. Then we scored very quickly.... And the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down again the next possession for the Jets for another long drive.

Very little is still a very poor assessment on how much it matters. Defenses give up drives, it happens. So to use the early drive as the sole reason as proof the offensive woes didn't impact them doesn't make sense. And in actuality you argument about that first drive further illustrates the point of how long the D was consecutively on the field as we scored a long TD a couple plays later and the D was right back out there after being on the field so long. Then that continued to compound with the offense either going 3 and out or scoring within a few plays during that first half. Strangely after finally getting some rest during the final drive of the half and during half time, the D finally came out in the 2nd half and made some plays before the offense left them out to dry again later in that half.

Not to mention, the defense has looked massively improved since the offense has gotten some rhythm for last 2 weeks. Offensive woes contribute a lot more to the defensive performance than you think, and again, this isn't even an idea that would be disputed by anyone in the NFL, so I can't for the life of me figure out why people on this board suddenly think it doesn't matter much.

Its is in no way the only reason the defense struggled. But it was a significant impact, not to mention the offensive struggles by us allowed the Jets to keep the ball and sustain momentum most of the game.