Stadium Wifi - need techie help re HSTS error

GottaRun

Last year I could use stadium wifi with no problem. This year I get 'HSTS Security error'. Same phone, Samsung... something or the other. I can't find any decent help Googling the problem. Emailed the club but didn't get an answer (I blame Rex).

If it happened on a Samsung the stadium might have shut you down so you didn't start a fire :P

My guess is the Stadium's captive portal needs tweaking.

Long story short you aren't connected to the Internet at the stadium. You are connected to the captive portal. All traffic from you to the internet is funneled thru the portal and your return traffic is funneled back thru the portal.

You asked your web browser to connect to Google

You actually connected to the portal

Your device recognizes this is not Google and rejects the traffic

If it happened on a Samsung the stadium might have shut you down so you didn't start a fire :P

Long story short you aren't connected to the Internet at the stadium. You are connected to the captive portal. All traffic from you to the internet is funneled thru the portal and your return traffic is funneled back thru the portal.

On my flight to Buff for the opener they told people with Samsung Galaxy Note to turn their phones off completely for the duration of the flight. :lol:

On my flight to Buff for the opener they told people with Samsung Galaxy Note to turn their phones off completely for the duration of the flight. :lol:

Same thing for my two flights going up and coming back.

My phone is a Samsung S6 Active and I just kept it in airplane mode.

Thanks for the quick answer! Sounds like there's not much I can do from my end (other than buy a new phone).