Per KFFL, Dolphins release Fiedler

Bob in Mich

He's damaged goods AND he wants to go some place that he'll be a starter.  Of course this place may be Edmonton, but nevertheless.......

251001[/snapback]

I think he would make a fine Arena League quarterback.

look at fiedler's win loss record. by that category, he puts drew to shame.

part of our perspective on fielder comes from the fact that we've destroyed the fins for the past 3 seasons. in our heads are the INTs by clements and the sacks by schobel.

fiedler would, imo, be a good backup to JP because

1. he's smart and mobile

2. he's experienced

3. he wouldn't mind playing that role

4. he has been a winner

5. he knows the afc east

i know it would be hard for many people, since he's been a fun whipping boy for us. but boil it all down, JFiedler is just a guy with some good quarterbacking experience who is also mobile and can help JP with some of the nuances of hte pro game.

250785[/snapback]

bingo. we're not looking for a future starter...just a caretaker who can help JP develop and fill in briefly if things go awry. fiedler fits the bill -- pun intended.

Just a thought that a lot of you seem to forget. I've heard the argument that Fiedler knows the Dolphins's system, well, that's not right. Gotta remember that Saban is a first year coach with a new system, new OC, and probably a new RB. With Feely, its going to be drastically different from the offense that Fiedler ran. Not better mind you, just different. But I pray better. MUCH better.