More good news regarding henry

d_wag

Ya know, last time I checked you rname wasnt SDS. How about simply not reading what you dont like. DUHH!

Give it a rest man, get a new gig, this one is old!

How about giving some football talk a try rather than trying to be everyones mommy!  :doh:

249707[/snapback]

Did you read the thread? I did talk a lot of football. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More on the running backs. Looks like Bennet maybe traded by Minny, so there is another back I would take over Travis. And I completely forgot about the Bus. If he comes back and is cut, he is also similar to Travis only bigger, stronger, faster and a better nose for the endzone. Plus he blocks great, not a fumbler, but he doesn't catch even as well as Travis. He is older so not a long term solution, but again you don;t give up picks to sign him and can draft his replacement as well.

More on the running backs.  Looks like Bennet maybe traded by Minny, so there is another back I would take over Travis.  And I completely forgot about the Bus.  If he comes back and is cut, he is also similar to Travis only bigger, stronger, faster and a better nose for the endzone.  Plus he blocks great, not a fumbler, but he doesn't catch even as well as Travis.  He is older so not a long term solution, but again you don;t give up picks to sign him and can draft his replacement as well.

249742[/snapback]

just out of curiousity, what do you think the bills will get for henry?

More on the running backs.  Looks like Bennet maybe traded by Minny, so there is another back I would take over Travis.  And I completely forgot about the Bus.  If he comes back and is cut, he is also similar to Travis only bigger, stronger, faster and a better nose for the endzone.  Plus he blocks great, not a fumbler, but he doesn't catch even as well as Travis.  He is older so not a long term solution, but again you don;t give up picks to sign him and can draft his replacement as well.

249742[/snapback]

See there you go over the top again when you actually could have made a valid point. And no this is not opinion related . Faster????????????????????????????????????????

You have got to be bloody kidding.

TH runs somewhere @ 4.5

Bus runs @ 4.8-4.9 (at best)

See there you go over the top again when you actually could have made a valid point. And no this is not opinion related . Faster????????????????????????????????????????

You have got to be bloody kidding.

TH runs somewhere @ 4.5

Bus runs @ 4.8-4.9 (at best)

249756[/snapback]

Travis doesn't run 4.5. In fact very few folks are that fast. I would say he is about 4.7 - 4.8 and that is where the Bus is. Bus just seems to carry it better.

Just for perspective , Andre Reed was not "fast" and ran a 4.5.

McGahee used to run at 4.3 and now is probably at @ 4.4

C. Portis runs in the high 4.3's, low 4.4's

Priest Holmes is @ 4.4

Champ Bailey and guys like Ed Reed can run 4.3's as well...

Hell Terrance Mcgee ran a 4.3 something at the pro bowl competition a couple weeks ago.

Any way, whatever the exact figures are, it's plain for anyone to see (no stopwatch required) that TH runs significantly faster than the Bus. And the point I was trying to make is that all the other things you said about the Bus vs. TH are true but the "faster" comment was just over the top.

Travis is the best RB "available" on the market. What that entails is his team has a desire to trade him and would take a minimal cap hit doing so, and is the best player in terms of past production, draft pick compensation, and current salary. If you think these alleged other "available" RB's can come close to Henry in all those categories, you're kidding yourself.

Travis is the best RB "available" on the market.  What that entails is his team has a desire to trade him and would take a minimal cap hit doing so, and is the best player in terms of past production, draft pick compensation, and current salary.  If you think these alleged other "available" RB's can come close to Henry in all those categories, you're kidding yourself.

249911[/snapback]

Actually of all those mentioned Atrain and The Bus have done a lot more than Travis ever will. The Bus has put his team in the playoffs numerous times and Atrin was the starting RB his rookie year when Chicago went 13-3 and made the playoffs, winning their division. Jordan and Buckhalter have both had key roles it helping their teams get to the playoffs.

Tell me again when did Travis carry us into those playoffs?

Actually of all those mentioned Atrain and The Bus have done a lot more than Travis ever will.  The Bus has put his team in the playoffs numerous times and Atrin was the starting RB his rookie year when Chicago went 13-3 and made the playoffs, winning their division.    Jordan and Buckhalter have both had key roles it helping their teams get to the playoffs. 

Bettis at this stage of his career is a backup at best, VA. Where you pulled him from I have NO idea?! ;) And as for "carrying the team into the playoffs," he hasn't done that since 2001, and played like shiite against the Pats in the AFCCG that year (not that he did much better against them this time around).

As for A-Train, sorry VA but his 1183 yards and 7 TD's did NOT "carry [the Bears] into those playoffs." The guy hasn't broken 1,200 yards or 8 TD's, caught more than 24 passes, and hasn't put up back-to-back good seasons, and was considered a "cancer" WITHOUT having a highly-publicized 1st round RB drafted by his team.

And we don't always have to agree.  That is why some guys make more money in the NFL, different GM's value players differently.  I would rather have a healthy Buckhalter, I would do a physical, or Jordan or Thomas before I would have Travis on my team.  The other part of my equation was Travis you still have to give up draft picks for, the other three guys are free and clear.  So not only could you pick up Buckhalter, but you could draft a RB in the 3rd who could back him up, when he is dinged.

249680[/snapback]

I agree with you we don't always have to agree. There may be some GMs who agree with you, but it only takes one who likes Henry to get a deal done. You are also forgeting the fact -if a team signs a Faulk and uses a draft pick for a backup, that is a pick they could have used at another position & need had they signed Henry. I also think you are crazy if you think Faulk is better than Henry today even for one year. Faulk had nothing left last year. The Bus will most likley stay with the Steelers.

Actually of all those mentioned Atrain and The Bus have done a lot more than Travis ever will.  The Bus has put his team in the playoffs numerous times and Atrin was the starting RB his rookie year when Chicago went 13-3 and made the playoffs, winning their division.    Jordan and Buckhalter have both had key roles it helping their teams get to the playoffs. 

249977[/snapback]

It's not about "Carrying us into those playoffs?" OJ gained 2003 yards in 1973 but he didn't carry us to the playoffs and he was one of the best slashers in the game. ;) It's his value on the market and when you take a look at his stats when he was a STARTER I think most teams would put him ahead of Atrain and the old Bus. How do you know what Travis will do with his next team, their is no way anyone knows that. Of those 3 players it's Travis that has the most upside.The guy played threw a broken leg for half a season and gained 3000 yards in the last two seasons he started. Some team most likely the Cards will get a very good player.

It's not about "Carrying us into those playoffs?" OJ gained 2003 yards in 1973 but he didn't carry us to the playoffs and he was one of the best slashers in the game. :lol:  It's his value on the market and when you take a look at his stats when he was a STARTER I think most teams would put him ahead of Atrain and the old Bus. How do you know what Travis will do with his next team, their is no way anyone knows that.  Of those 3 players it's Travis that has the most upside.The guy played threw a broken leg for half a season and gained 3000 yards in the last two seasons he started. Some team most likely the Cards will get a very good player.

250472[/snapback]

He did not play threw or through a broken leg. It was a crack in a non-weight being bone in his ankle. ;);)

• 2 weeks later...
they drafted the guy in the first round for a reason -- they like him!

if they didn't tag rudi, they would not have been in the market for travis, simple as that.........

i'm with 34-78-83 -- the only one doing a crusade around here is you........face it, rhodes resigning and alexander being tagged help travis' trade value........it's the truth man, accept it........that is the point..........

249548[/snapback]

Just thought I'd ask for an update on the Perry thing. Looks like he undergoing another operation and reports are his career maybe over.

Just thought I'd ask for an update on the Perry thing.  Looks like he undergoing another operation and reports are his career maybe over.

267480[/snapback]

you really need to find another source for your "news"........profootballtalk.com is not very reliable.......

anyway, i do find it amazing that even two weeks later you still are too thick to see what the point of the post was........they picked chris perry over steven jackson and kevin jones along with dozens of other guys that would have helped that team at a number of positions.........if they decided to pitch rudi to the curb, obviously perry is their man in the LONG-TERM.........they are not looking for another franchise back -- that is why they took perry.......

travis is looking to be a franchise back and will not take a 1 year job (he proved that when he stood firm on his demands for a new contract with the cards)........hence, if rudi was let go by the bengals (not tagged or traded) they would not have been in the market for henry and another team would have filled their need at RB with him, negating our options by one.........

give that another two weeks to simmer before responding and maybe you'll finally figure it out........

you really need to find another source for your "news"........profootballtalk.com is not very reliable.......

anyway, i do find it amazing that even two weeks later you still are too thick to see what the point of the post was........they picked chris perry over steven jackson and kevin jones along with dozens of other guys that would have helped that team at a number of positions.........if they decided to pitch rudi to the curb, obviously perry is their man in the LONG-TERM.........they are not looking for another franchise back -- that is why they took perry.......

travis is looking to be a franchise back and will not take a 1 year job (he proved that when he stood firm on his demands for a new contract with the cards)........hence, if rudi was let go by the bengals (not tagged or traded) they would not have been in the market for henry and another team would have filled their need at RB with him, negating our options by one.........

give that another two weeks to simmer before responding and maybe you'll finally figure it out........

I've been defending Travis so far, but if he doesn't realize that taking the Cards' offer to play his remaining year but being the starter versus being the backup in Buffalo is the best situation for him, he and/or his agent really ARE dumb. With the Cards he'd be facing some weak NFC West defenses, whereas at best he'd being getting 5-10 carries a game against the Bills and some tough AFC East defenses.

It is a price to value issue.  My point is ANY running back is available for the right price.  Right now for all intents Travis is not even available as he is under contract, even if given permission.

249543[/snapback]

Do you hear what you just said? ANY running back is available ... Travis is not even available ... even if given permission

One of the keys to knowing if you're on a crusade is when you start making contradictory statements to cover your other statements.

249977[/snapback]

You are really damn annoying with your bias and contradictory posts in this thread. Will you give it up VA, you are WRONG and everyone knows it. Why you have this vendetta against TH is beyond me, but he's a very good back, much better than Thomas, Buckhalter or Jordan for that matter (since he has never even proven himself as a starter TH has!!! - big difference).