#3 LSU vs Oregon St

Tux of Borg

Jeez I feel so sorry for Oregon State, but damn what a finish to the game. I think the OSU coach blew it when he didn't spell his defense in the OT period. Those guys were just out of gas. Thus the two holding penalties against them. Of course the officials did their best to job OSU by looking the other way when LSU held on that should have been TD pass.

I'm friggin exausted! Big props to OSU, you guys came into our house and gave us a game. Going into this game, I knew our defense was solid, but how well our young offense was gonna come together was a huge question mark. I am extremely proud of JaMarcus Russell, that kid grew some balls tonight. Friggin monsoon 10 minutes before kickoff took away our biggest strength, SPEED! I'm not afraid to admit that we caught some lucky breaks.

I'll be the first to say, OSU will beat USC.

bottom line LSU blows.  They can't defend the pass, their running game is so so and their QB's are no better than horrendous.  No way they're #3 in the country.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

18742[/snapback]

Their pass defense is okay when they have a rush. For most of the game, they didn't. The running game? Yeah, it needs work. QB? That's the x-factor for them. If they can get better play from the QBs, they could have a good season. Thing is, as cliched as it sounds, they got it done when it mattered. When they needed to rush the passer, they were able to. When they needed production out of the QBs, they got it. An ugly win for sure; now they need to re-focus and get their offense in gear.

bottom line LSU blows.  They can't defend the pass, their running game is so so and their QB's are no better than horrendous.  No way they're #3 in the country.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

18742[/snapback]

And no way USC is deserving of their #1 ranking. If LSU and USC don't get their game together, they will get knocked off.

And no way USC is deserving of their #1 ranking.  If LSU and USC don't get their game together, they will get knocked off.

18800[/snapback]

It's waaay to early to know who is overrated or not. I don't think either team wowed everyone, but they did play teams that are pretty good.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

18742[/snapback]

I really wouldn't put to much stock on this game. A friggin monsoon 10 minutes before kickoff flooded the field, and took away our biggest strength, football speed! I'm just glad we came away with a win, and we will only get better as younger players learn the ropes.

I really wouldn't put to much stock on this game. A friggin monsoon 10 minutes before kickoff flooded the field, and took away our biggest strength, football speed! I'm just glad we came away with a win, and we will only get better as younger players learn the ropes.

18909[/snapback]

The wet field was a disadvantate to BOTH teams, as Oregon State has pretty decent team speed as well. LSU needs consistent, competent play from the QB position to even think of another title run. This is your x factor.

It's waaay to early to know who is overrated or not.  I don't think either team wowed everyone, but they did play teams that are pretty good.

18896[/snapback]

USC couldn't deal with the option and the coaching staff was ineffective at making adjustments. If they played a team with an explosive offense, the game would have been over by half time. Both LSU and USC did one thing well, they showed poise and didn't panic in the 4th quarter. And that's how a defending national champion should play.