The primary thread

Observer

Lots of separate threads about the candidates but none dedicated to the primary results and process.

Iowa's over with surprises in Bernie in a virtual tie Hillary and the other virtual three-way Republican tie.

Bernie should win NH (by virtue of a higher than expected %...the Rubio win) but can he build enough momentum in the early states to overcome Hillary's money wall that he has to climb heading into the bigger states?

If Trump's bubble bursts, where will his supporters go? If Rubio wins SC and all the money lines up behind him, can he be stopped? Is Cruz the mini-Trump who the Trumpster supporters will flock to? Will any Rep candidate win enough delegates?

Next stop New Hampshire. It doesn't look like there will be any surprises there.

Edited by Observer

If Trump's bubble bursts, where will his supporters go? If Rubio wins SC and all the money lines up behind him, can he be stopped? Is Cruz the mini-Trump who the Trumpster supporters will flock to? Will any Rep candidate win enough delegates?

Next stop New Hampshire. It doesn't look like there will be any surprises there.

I think its a two way race between Cruz and Trump and until lately Carson for the "outsider, anti-immigration, anti-Obamacare" vote and on the other side the establishment candidate Rubio and the rest.

Since Trump/Cruz seem to have the majority of the backing which ever one of them wins out, they are the nominee. Rubio has too much baggage, IMO. He was pro-Amnesty in many people's eyes and that's a killer.

Trump will be the nominee

I think its a two way race between Cruz and Trump and until lately Carson for the "outsider, anti-immigration, anti-Obamacare" vote and on the other side the establishment candidate Rubio and the rest.

Since Trump/Cruz seem to have the majority of the backing which ever one of them wins out, they are the nominee. Rubio has too much baggage, IMO. He was pro-Amnesty in many people's eyes and that's a killer.

Trump will be the nominee

I am so happy to hear that you believe Trump will be the nominee. Please keep saying it.

I think both Trump and Cruz are done and Rubio will be the nominee though I won't vote for Rubio in Primary. Cruz is suddenly coming across more like a slick politician which will hurt him. Trump's act is growing tired and he's not gaining support. He's running out of steam after NH IMO. Rubio is going to have a lot of **** hurled at him but in the end I think he wins on being the most polished speaker and appeals to the younger. Christie and Carson may have a few slightly better primary performances in the near run but will fold their tents soon. Once it's down to 4 or fewer candidates, I think Rubio prevails.

Bernie should win NH but can he build enough momentum in the early states to overcome Hillary's money wall that he has to climb heading into the bigger states?

Is anyone else conflicted by this race? Bernie is clearly a raving lunatic who could do some real damage, but seeing Hillary -- possibly the worst human being on the planet -- lose again would be better than seeing Tom Brady throw a bad game-losing INT on the final play of the Super Bowl.

/facepalm

It was a pun...

A play on words maybe, but I don't see the pun.

Is anyone else conflicted by this race? Bernie is clearly a raving lunatic who could do some real damage, but seeing Hillary -- possibly the worst human being on the planet -- lose again would be better than seeing Tom Brady throw a bad game-losing INT on the final play of the Super Bowl.

Bernie could not do real damage. He has deep integrity and that will prevent him from getting done 5% of what he wants to do. President Sanders doesn't scare me at all--he'd be a less effective Jimmy Carter. Doesn't matter though because he has less chance than Rick Santorum.