So what needs to change for us to dominate as a 3-4 Defense?

Since it seems the coach may not be going anywhere now we have to retool the defense to fit the geniuses scheme. Instead of realizing his talent like the evil master does our genius is gonna force a 3-4 down our throats and the players as well. The problem I see is that I see a major problem with current lineup for a 3-4.

Kyle is too old and injury prone so unlikely he can be the dominating DE and is not a NT.

Darius does not seem to be the NT type and I really am not sure he can be a DE doesn't seem fast enough. ( lots of dollars for a misfit for the coaches scheme )

Harrington is a decent sub at DE

Hughes could be a OLB

Mario likely gone he is a better 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB.

Lawson may be a decent OLB but I just never see enough from him.

Brown or Bradham might be ok for one ILB but neither is really the ILB types I think ya need for a 3-4

So we would likely need NT, 1-2 DE, 2 ILB and maybe an OLB.

Seems like we would need to invest heavily in FA and draft to get what we need just on defense alone.

Dareus Either needs to play end and be allowed to penetrate or they should unload him. He's way overpaid and not best suited as a space eater. As a penetrating 3 technique tackle, he's best in the league, as a LE he may do ok but still, nfw at nose tackle, and either way 100 mil to jog in place after the snap is silly.

Bottom line out of the front 7 the only guys I see fitting are Hughes as ROLB, Manny maybe as LOLB, and either Nigel or Preston as the second and third best ILBs.

They need:

(1) at least one superstar stud ILB, two to be dominant...

(2) a real NT a la wilfork, raji, the Arizona guy, etc

(3) a least one legit 3-4 end... A la Wilkerson

(4) probably need get faster at FS and a thumper at SS

(5) get better at LOLB

What we need to do? Hire a 4-3 def coach

That ship has sailed... Maybe in 2018 when Rex is canned after what went on this season has continued long enough for it to no longer be a knee-jerk.... Of course by then at least half the front 7 will likely be gone...

Dareus Either needs to play end and be allowed to penetrate or they should unload him. He's way overpaid and not best suited as a space eater. As a penetrating 3 technique tackle, he's best in the league, as a LE he may do ok but still, nfw at nose tackle, and either way 100 mil to jog in place after the snap is silly.

Bottom line out of the front 7 the only guys I see fitting are Hughes as ROLB, Manny maybe as LOLB, and either Nigel or Preston as the second and third best ILBs.

They need:

(1) at least one superstar stud ILB, two to be dominant...

(2) a real NT a la wilfork, raji, the Arizona guy, etc

(3) a least one legit 3-4 end... A la Wilkerson

(4) probably need get faster at FS and a thumper at SS

(5) get better at LOLB

That ship has sailed... Maybe in 2018 when Rex is canned after what went on this season has continued long enough for it to no longer be a knee-jerk.... Of course by then at least half the front 7 will likely be gone...

than the new guy will come in want a 4-3 and rebuild of defense occurs again seems like broken record. I think we agreed mArcel is not a good fit in 3-4 yet DW just signed hi for a huge deal. Seems like major disconnect. So I think we are in agreement likely only two of current front 7 work being Hughes and Manny

Why does Mario have to go? He played OLB in Houston, was effective, and liked it. What Mario doesn't like is dropping into coverage and otherwise not getting after the QB.

Because he will be making 19 million and we need to resign players like Cordy Glenn and Incognito

than the new guy will come in want a 4-3 and rebuild of defense occurs again seems like broken record. I think we agreed mArcel is not a good fit in 3-4 yet DW just signed hi for a huge deal. Seems like major disconnect. So I think we are in agreement likely only two of current front 7 work being Hughes and Manny

Great, let's decimate the great defense we had and have to rebuild it all. Way to go Wrex!