What do the following games all have in common?

Week 2 vs Pats

Week 7 at Jags*

Week 11 at KC

Week 12 at NE

Week 14 at Philly

Those are 5 games this season in which the Bills took over on offense trailing and with enough time to tie or win the game. The team was 0-5 in such situations. I placed an asterisk next to the Jags game because EJ was the QB there rather than Tyrod.

The offense failed to do what they needed to do in these games for various reasons: poor clock management, bad play calls, lousy execution, etc.

Failing to finish in any ONE of these games is one key reason why they aren't going to the playoffs again this year.

TT has been underwhelming in pressure situations. That said, there is no QB worth drafting and trying to start. He will be the default starter next year, but needs to learn how to (1) stop staring down receivers; (2) better locate the deep ball; (3) make intermediate passes. Lots of stuff to work on, but in his first full year as a starter I'd give him a B-. Much better than we have had in a long time. I also think if you put last years D with this years offense, you have a playoff team. Hopefully Pettine returns as DC.