Thoughts on Walter Jones resigning.......

d_wag

first off, i don't think TD would have touched this guy with a ten foot pole.......he is out of our price range and would have been too pricey for TD, with everything else that needs to be done with the cap room.......

the positive is this increases the chances that alexander will be tagged, thus improving henry's trade value........rudi has already got the tag, edge will likely get one as well, so travis is looking better and better to potential trade partners.........

i still think hasselback is SEA's bigger priority, but if he gets signed i don't think alexander will get away from seattle without at least getting the tag on him for trade purposes.........

It also gives Jonas Jennings a price range now...and a high one at that.  Now that Jones is not a free agent, thats one less stud tackle on the market and it ups the demand for Jonas.

241924[/snapback]

jennings had his price range already -- see the deals that clifton, petitgout, and wade got in the past.........that was his price range all along.......jones' signing doesn't change that because ogden had already set the market for "top LT's".......jones got a comparable deal to ogden.........

as well, i never expected jones to be part of the market as it was a no brainer by SEA to either franchise him or resign him....i'm just pleasantly surprised that they managed to get him signed long-term, after 3 seasons of trying........i don't see the "demand" being changed as a result because jones was never going to be available to begin with.......

Actually, this adds a little bit of urgency to the negotiations with regard to Jonus Jennings. The Bills, in my estimation, want him back, but at a reasonable rate. If he hits the market, I think the Bills will lose him. My feel is that the ball is in the Bills court and it's time to get a deal done!

Actually, this adds a little bit of urgency to the negotiations with regard to Jonus Jennings. The Bills, in my estimation, want him back, but at a reasonable rate. If he hits the market, I think the Bills will lose him. My feel is that the ball is in the Bills court and it's time to get a deal done!

242064[/snapback]

the time to get a deal done was 12 MONTHS AGO when his value was lower.........

They did try but JJ did bite. We signed Schobel to an extension instead. After that there was no money left to sign JJ.

He obviously wanted to test the market.

242073[/snapback]

blah blah blah, more excuses........

put down enough money in front of a player a year or more before his free agency and they will bite......plenty of examples from around the league of teams retaining good, young talent BEFORE they hit the market.......

no money? TD is the one who assembles the roster, TD is the one who decides how much to allocate to resigning good, young talent.........it was his decision to only keep back enough to sign schobel.........