Boots on the Ground

Every bomb we drop, every refugee who drowns in the Mediterranean, every cowardly politician who refuses to show a little compassion, plays RIGHT into the hands of Daesh. What better way to make them hate us?

We've spent the last seven years being led by a man who has done everything but send an Edible Arrangement and singing telegram to the people who hate us.

In spite of the ever-predictable SoProg chorus of "we deserve what we're getting," the fact remains that there will ALWAYS be people who just hate us and want us dead no matter what we do.

Seven years of Sally Fields knob-gobbling is on the books, and yet innocent people are still being killed all over the world. Even a nutsucker like gatorman can understand that math.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've spent the last seven years being led by a man who has done everything but send an Edible Arrangement and singing telegram to the people who hate us.

In spite of the ever-predictable SoProg chorus of "we deserve what we're getting," the fact remains that there will ALWAYS be people who just hate us and want us dead no matter what we do.

Seven years of Sally Fields knob-gobbling is on the books, and yet innocent people are still being killed all over the world. Even a nutsucker like gatorman can understand that math.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2015/02/02/almost-2500-killed-covert-us-drone-strikes-obama-inauguration/

At least 2,464 people have now been killed by US drone strikes outside the country’s declared war zones since President Barack Obama’s inauguration six years ago, the Bureau’s latest monthly report reveals.

Of the total killed since Obama took his oath of office on January 20 2009, at least 314 have been civilians, while the number of confirmed strikes under his administration now stands at 456.

Research by the Bureau also shows there have now been nearly nine times more strikes under Obama in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia than there were under his predecessor, George W Bush.

So you think if Obama did absolutely nothing...no drone strikes against enemies...absolutely nothing...that the world would stop hating us and all would be well?

Would you say that Obama's drone strikes caused the attack on Paris? If he didn't send out drone strikes, would Paris have been averted?

Because essentially, that's what you're impying.

Yeah. And that's because his policy is to avoid fighting at all costs. It's the standard "don't get your hands dirty and prosecute a war in the most sanitized fashion possible" doctrine that's such a part of the American psyche, and so fundamentally flawed.

So you think if Obama did absolutely nothing...no drone strikes against enemies...absolutely nothing...that the world would stop hating us and all would be well?

Would you say that Obama's drone strikes caused the attack on Paris? If he didn't send out drone strikes, would Paris have been averted?

Because essentially, that's what you're impying.

No you !@#$ing ignoramus you said Obama "We've spent the last seven years being led by a man who has done everything but send an Edible Arrangement and singing telegram to the people who hate us" I'm implying that's not the truth.

Yeah. And that's because his policy is to avoid fighting at all costs. It's the standard "don't get your hands dirty and prosecute a war in the most sanitized fashion possible" doctrine that's such a part of the American psyche, and so fundamentally flawed.

By get your hands dirty you mean what ? maybe 40-60 soldiers a month coming home in boxes and triple that number wounded- you got a costs vs benefits analysis lined up?

No you !@#$ing ignoramus you said Obama "We've spent the last seven years being led by a man who has done everything but send an Edible Arrangement and singing telegram to the people who hate us" I'm implying that's not the truth.

I actually was so busy trying to mock you that I completely missed the part in the report that stated Obama has killed twice as many civilians as Bush ever did.

I guess you're right. You SoProgs are pretty hawkish.

It's something to remember the next time one of you nutbags start yelling about Bush at war.

I thought go was the first wargame maybe the first strategy game?

Calling it a "wargame" might be a stretch...but not to great a stretch. It's certainly a strategy game, and certainly older than chess.

And not particularly relevant to my post, as I'd never even heard of go in high school, nor would it have pissed off a bunch of pacifist chess nerds to say "Go is the first wargame, you know..."