Opinions on what's to come

Mile High

What do you guys think is going to happen in the next couple weeks or what is your "wish list" via free agency or the draft?

I think the following might happen.. Some more obvious than others like Drew departing or whatever.

And a qb to mentor JP. Who could that be? I like Garcia, but I don't know if he would be a good fit for the Bills organization. (cancerous?)

Pat Williams resigns and retires a Bill.

Jonas leaves. ( I hope that I'm wrong, but maybe he takes a page out of the Pats book and stays because he wants to win a championship.)

More players are going to be asked to take paycuts and restructure. The question is who?

A left gaurd is found in free agency.

Lindell is toast. Ralph saw momentum turn the same way we did in the Pittsburgh game and now knows that he isn't the ultimate answer when the game is on the line. Something tells me he is the reason Drew is being pushed out of town too.

The draft is going to be interesting. I really don't think that we will get a number two for Travis. Maybe a three at the most. Which would suck because he was drafted in the second round. We grab a rb to back up Willis with one of our early picks. Maybe Moats out of La Tech. And hopefully Nugent. Later on in the draft we pick up a couple of olinemen and maybe a receiver. Who knows.

Thoughts?

I'll play.

Bledsoe realizes that he doesn't want to start over again, move his family again, etc. for Parcells, who he knows will bark at him incessantly. He realizes, at long last, that his better days are behind him but he can still play an important role for the bills.

He agrees to restructure his final two years at 1.75 per, and our backup situation is no longer as dire.

If this doesn't happen, I certainly won't weep. Best of luck to him. He won't do any better than his career average, which is quite average. He can go anywhere and achieve 54% completion rate with about as many INTs as TDs and a rating around 70. He can ho-hum the football world into 2010 for all I care. BUt that's all he'll get from himself.

I'd still like to see what Shane Matthews can do in a backup role. Smart, dedicated, and still has a live arm.

Bills sign Pat Williams AND Jonas Jennings. Bills trade Josh Reed to his old ball coach in Miami for a 4th round pick.

Bills sign a veteran WR to play #3/4 with Aiken, and then draft WR in the first day.

Josh just doesn't seem to be able to get it done. After such a promising rookie season, you have to wonder...WTF?

OR, maybe Drew just failed to look his way and the Bills want to see what Josh can do with JP.

I dunno....

Bledsoe realizes that he doesn't want to start over again, move his family again, etc. for Parcells, who he knows will bark at him incessantly. He realizes, at long last, that his better days are behind him but he can still play an important role for the bills.

240293[/snapback]

I was kinda thinking the same about Drew as well. He might realize that (if he hasn't already) his best days are behind him. And decide that he doesn't want to be a NFL journeyman.

Here's wishful thinkin':

--Bledsoe decides to re-do his contract and stay as a backup and tutor to JP

--Prioleau is cut for cap savings

--Jonas signs long term deal with Bills that is fair to both

--Pat Williams signs as well with the Bills

--Keydrick Vincent is signed in F/A to play LG

--Marcus Price is signed to be primary backup at OT with Mc Farland still building strength

--Bills get aggressive again on Draft Day to get another playmaker WR and target Mike Williams from USC

--work a deal with Chicago to move into the top of the 1st to acquire Williams by giving up Travis Henry, Jeff Posey, this years 2nd and next years #1 and #2.

--unexpectantly, with our 3rd, Nugent is still on the board and we draft him and waive Lindell in camp.

--look to fill depth with the rest of draft picks. If Nugent is gone, take a gamble with the speed of Roscoe Parrish

Late

--Bills get aggressive again on Draft Day to get another playmaker WR and target Mike Williams from USC

--work a deal with Chicago to move into the top of the 1st to acquire Williams by giving up Travis Henry, Jeff Posey, this years 2nd and next years #1 and #2.

240337[/snapback]

This would be a dissaster !!!!. I'm all for Mike Williams, but not at the price you've suggested. Which means we pretty much have no shot at Mike Williams.

I see no reason to sacrafice any future draft picks especially next years #1 & #2, and I definitely would hate to see us lose one of our starting LB's.

Who would replace Posey ?

are none of you reading the news? Bledsoe is GONE. garcia is trash, he complains and whines everywhere he goes, i dont want him at all. We need to focus on resigning PW. If JJ goes for a semi reasonable price, take him, but he isnt a top 10 tackle so i wouldnt pay him top tier cash. Pick up a G in free agency and try and get a free agent QB.