Its NOT all about the money for the Pats personnel

Mike32282

Belichick won't let his coaches speak to the media, won't let them out of their contracts for promotions and doesn't pay them that well...yet they keep staying for less. WTF!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, Tedy Bruschi turns down a ton of money to stay with the Pats...

Second, other players turn down more money to stay with the team...

Third, Eric Mangini stays with the Patriots for less money than other teams offered him...

And now.... Scott Pioli is offered $3million a year to join the Seahawks as their President and GM, and he turns it down to stay with the Patriots for $800,000 a year. WTF?!?!

Belichick won't let his coaches speak to the media, won't let them out of their contracts for promotions and doesn't pay them that well...yet they keep staying for less.  WTF!

Third, Eric Mangini stays with the Patriots for less money than other teams offered him...

And now.... Scott Pioli is offered $3million a year to join the Seahawks as their President and GM, and he turns it down to stay with the Patriots for $800,000 a year. WTF?!?!

239683[/snapback]

Why leave when you're winning?

Part of me wonders if there's not some "under the table" stuff going on.... It happened with the T'Wolves several years ago and at the time, a lot of players/coaches said something along the lines of, "That happens all the time, but the T'Wolves were stupid because they documented it."

Food for thought.

CW

Part of me wonders if there's not some "under the table" stuff going on....  It happened with the T'Wolves several years ago and at the time, a lot of players/coaches said something along the lines of, "That happens all the time, but the T'Wolves were stupid because they documented it."

Food for thought.

CW

239686[/snapback]

Can you imagine if the Pats were busted for cheating?? This board would celebrate like the Bills won the superbowl.

Part of me wonders if there's not some "under the table" stuff going on....  It happened with the T'Wolves several years ago and at the time, a lot of players/coaches said something along the lines of, "That happens all the time, but the T'Wolves were stupid because they documented it."

Food for thought.

CW

239686[/snapback]

That would be hilarious if something like that was ever leaked out. But what sucks is that even if they cheat...they'd still keep their trophies. :blink:

Look at the 49ers when they were busted. :D

Can you imagine if the Pats were busted for cheating??  This board would celebrate like the Bills won the superbowl.

239690[/snapback]

I wouldn't celebrate that much, but I'd throw a little party. :D

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Patriots and the little spell that Belichick has over everyone

That would be hilarious if something like that was ever leaked out.  But what sucks is that even if they cheat...they'd still keep their trophies.  :blink:

Look at the 49ers when they were busted.  :D

239695[/snapback]

or the broncos.........they took a slap on the wrist (just a 3rd round pick) for buying there way to a ring........

Belichick won't let his coaches speak to the media, won't let them out of their contracts for promotions and doesn't pay them that well...yet they keep staying for less.  WTF!

239683[/snapback]

I think Pioli is staying out of commitment. I know, I know, old fashioned idea to think that he has a signed contract through the end of next year, and he is actually old fashioned enough to honor that commitment. Yep, gotta be some cheatin goin on, no one honors a commitment anymore, be it players or teams

I think Pioli is staying out of commitment. I know, I know, old fashioned idea to think that he has a signed contract through the end of next year, and he is actually old fashioned enough to honor that commitment. Yep, gotta be some cheatin goin on, no one honors a commitment anymore, be it players or teams

239721[/snapback]

Belichick allowed him to interview because he knew it was a promotion...He basically had the chance to take it and the $2.2 million raise, but he chose to stay in Boston, where he's done everything that he could possibly do there without the big pay and without all the credit. They said on eSPN and I agree. This is a once in a lifetime deal...Paul Allen's money. He turned it down. That's crazy and really makes me wonder.

I wouldn't celebrate that much, but I'd throw a little party.  :D

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Patriots and the little spell that Belichick has over everyone

239698[/snapback]

Can't fault them for wanting to stay with a stable/winning organization with solid leadership at the top.

If you were offered a much bigger salary but the company in question had either a spotty history or questions of mismanagement at the top you might think twice about jumping too.

or the broncos.........they took a slap on the wrist (just a 3rd round pick) for buying there way to a ring........

239716[/snapback]

Yeah, that really got on my nerves when they announced it. Why not take away a 1st rounder? That would have hurt a little bit. Or maybe ban them from the postseason for a year? I dunno. Something else could have been more of a punishment than that cheesy one.

Why leave when you're winning?

239685[/snapback]

A lot of other people argue here that because they can make 30% more for a loser, it's totally reasonable to expect them to leave.

I agree, why leave when you're winning? Apparently because you have no perspective and you feed your family with Escalades.

Not all players stay, Washington, Woody,Hamilton, Eaton and Milloy are examples. Plus the coaches have incentives in their contracts that brings their pay up if the team does well. Crennel and Weis had those type of contracts Both were paid well. look at Greg Williams of the Redskins. makes twice what he was paid to coach the Bills as the DC. Paul Allen is one of the richest men in the US, noticed that he did not offered that type of contarct to TD.

Scott Pioli had said that he would finsh out his contract with the Pats that runs to 2006. He is a man of his word and is is still under contract. plus no one knows what his power would be in Seattle. He would still be stuck with Holgrem as coach. If you like your situation where your are at, then going just for money does not make you happy. I did that, once when I accepted an offer that doubled my salary. but the working conditions and the time demands soon far exceeded the pay. I quit and went back to better working conditions and was much happier

Cory Dillion had a low contract with incentives, he did well and the team did well and he got almost all of what he would of gotten in Cinn.

Remember the Bills coaches are not paid at the high end of the scale either. So if the Bills do well we may see our coaches go to higher paying teams. Teams on the bottom will always overpay to get better performing coaches or players.

Remember both CW an RC of the Pats are now first year coaches at 2 mill a year. What does MM get? I doubt that the Pats are cheating in anyway, plus how could you cheat with a coaches pay , it does not count against the cap.

They are just focused on winning and many players like that and are willing to play for less. it is this team thing, if you do not want to be part of it,then you are free to leave after your contract is up ( Woody, Washington, Hamilton, Shaw) or get released (Milloy, Buckley, Haynes). The Pats will overpay if they have a position that is hard to fill like LT so they gave Matt Light a contract that is what the league is paying for that position. They just will not give outrageous contracts or bonuses. This works if they are winning, if they stop winning then they will have to start doing what other teams have to do. That is overpay for players and coaching

Remember both CW an RC of the Pats are now first year coaches at 2 mill a year. What does MM get? I doubt that the Pats are cheating in anyway plus how could you cheat with a coaches pay , it does not count against the cap.

239747[/snapback]

I think we're talking less about cheating and more about black magic here. :D

Food for thought.

CW

239686[/snapback]

The Patriots can pay Pioli as much as they want. They can pay Mangini as much as they want. There's no salary cap for coaches and GMs.

I don't think you have any point at all, frankly.

The Patriots can pay Pioli as much as they want. They can pay Mangini as much as they want. There's no salary cap for coaches and GMs.

I don't think you have any point at all, frankly.

239758[/snapback]

He's talking about Brady, Dillon, Bruschi, and other players. :D