Worst refereed sports

Gasjuggler

Hiring full time refs is a good first step to improving the game. After to thinking about it more I guess the interpretation of the rules are to complex. When you can call holding on every play is rediculus and opens it up to speculation and the appearance of favoritetism.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's understandable, but doesn't excuse the phantom calls. How do you default to a penalty flag on a play? How do you not wait until you conclusively see a penalty before calling one? It's the NFL mindset. They use a 'more likely than not' standard half the time (most of the time with the Bills) and a 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard the other half (most of the time for the Pats*, Steelers, etc).

The Clay PI is the best example I saw yesterday of an inexcusable flag. The ref couldn't have seen a push off because one did not occur. And don't tell me about the angle or whatever -- if you don't have a proper angle than you shouldn't conclude an infraction occurred.

I just watched the play Clay got the PI on (about 5 min left in 2nd qtr). He very noticeably pushed off the defender and did gain an advantage. It was a good call. Incidentally, it would have been a short gain and the Bills got a 1st down on the following play. Good call and not exactly a game-changer.

Obviously you never tuned in to watch the Lakers/Sacremento series a few years back. Game 6. It was quite obvious the refs were determined to let the Lakers win & bring it to a game 7. Stop commenting on stuff you have no idea what your talking about.

Coming from you that is rich. Thanks, you can never have too many laughs :)