Zebra Report - Week 3 Bills v. Fish

Freddie's Dead

1ST QTR

11:45 Meatball jumps offsides – GOOD CALL

10:50 Fish O-line holding on Jerry – GOOD CALL

9:04 Fish D-line offsides – GOOD CALL

7:50 Fish D-line offsides, declined, 12 yds to Clay – GOOD CALL

4:07 2nd & 3 for Fish, Tannehill flushed, shovel pass for 2 yd loss and Mario is held big-time – BAD NON-CALL

3:13 Bills punt return, clear face mask on Thiggy – HORRIBLE NON-CALL. Thiggy needs to lobby there.

3:07 Personal foul on Bobby Woods throwing guy to ground well after play was over (you can hear the whistle clearly) – GOOD

CALL; no call on borderline late hit out of bounds on Harvin – QUESTIONABLE NON-CALL (CBS actually thought that was the unnecessary roughness, LOL)

NOTE: FWIW, CBS ran a replay here showing two earlier plays where Richie punched Suh in the throat, so 2 BAD NON-CALLS for the Fish

1:48 Illegal formation and holding on bills punt. The Bills only had 10 men on the field, so of course they only had 6 on the LOS (brutal, but I counted twice because I couldn’t believe my eyes). That’s on Schmidt or MarQueis. Yeezus. Declined, but GOOD CALL. Sanborn just reaches out and tackles the DT, so GOOD CALL.

2ND QTR

14:57 Some wanted a penalty on the Tyrod slide. I don’t see it that way. Fish dude hits TT before his legs come out front, so to me, GOOD NON-CALL

11:31 Bills (Jerry and Nigel) offside on D - GOOD CALL

8:13 Fish progress stopped, no fumble?

5:00 Cordy holding declined on 5 yd-Le Shady loss. Huge hold, GOOD CALL.

3:06 Push off by Harvin on 27, and PI on the Fish DB at the 10. BOTH GOOD NON-CALLS. Let ‘em play. Good to see Percy lay out for that one after he alligatored that catch last week against the Cheats.

2:33 Fish LT grabs Jerry by the facemask – TERRIBLE NON-CALL

1:55 Fish LT HUGE hold on the Meatball – TERRIBLE NON-CALL

1:03 Fish LT HUGE hold on Jerry – TERRIBLE NON-CALL

NOTE: Like last week with the Cheats, the refs appear to lose focus when the game gets out of hand. Bad non-calls starting to mount.

3RD QTR

5:39 Did Fish have control on 2-pt conversion? Yes. GOOD CALL

2:00 Fish running into the kicker. OK CALL because it gave the Bills a 1st down, but it should have been roughing, they hit him with two guys at full speed, 35 high, 46 low.

0:30 Fish illegal use of hands to the face 79. GOOD CALL, Seantrel took a trip to the beauty parlor.

0:23 Bobby Woods mugged all the way downfield - QUESTIONABLE NON-CALL

4TH QTR

12:33 Holding defense no number given, should have been 91. I see what they called here. Fish TE 85 motions right, then blocks Manny rushing the passer. Manny pulls on his uni, which is legal while blocking, and then rushes the QB. 85 goes into the flat, lobbies for a flag and gets it. I don’t know the rule here for an eligible receiver in pass protection, but this looks like a QUESTIONABLE CALL.

11:35 Holding def Nickell declined. No idea, you see Nickell covering 85 but then he goes off-screen, and no replay. Fish blatant hold on Mario not called. BAD NON-CALL

10:20 Manny jumps into the NZ, no call. BAD NON-CALL.

09:28 Fins DB didn’t turn around ball hits him in the helmet, no PI. It’s only PI if the Bills do this. BAD NON-CALL.

08:35 False start Fish – GOOD CALL

07:56 Looks like Matthews does a swim move on Gilmore before the catch, QUESTIONABLE NON-CALL
4:19 Fish false start, GOOD CALL

The best thing to say about the refs today is that they didn’t cost anyone the game. They clearly let a lot of stuff go. I’ll give them a B-.

Watkins committed PI on McCoy's TD reception. If that was run against our D we would all be screaming about. Watkins made no attempt to run a route.

I saw that, but I think it was a good non-call (didn't think to put it in the writeup). Sammy was only engaged with the guy covering him, he never picked the guy covering LeShady, so I think that's why it wasn't called.

I saw that, but I think it was a good non-call (didn't think to put it in the writeup). Sammy was only engaged with the guy covering him, he never picked the guy covering LeShady, so I think that's why it wasn't called.

I think it wasn't called because they didn't see it. Sammy looked like he was playing OG.