Philly newspaper column compares Eagles to Bills

muddy waters

This item was in a sports column by Don McKeee in today's Philadelphia Inquirer. Seems like an ignorant comment to me...

"The Mistake on the Lake. In the 20-20 vision of hindsight, it is now clear that the entire city of Philadelphia owes a heartfelt gesture of gratitude to Mike Martz, Jon Gruden and John Fox. If it weren't for these kind gentlemen and their success in keeping the Eagles out of three successive Super Bowls, this city now would be ""Buffalo."

As much as I love Philly, they don't have to worry.......their teams as of late couldn't hold a candle to the Super Bowl Bills. I just saw Donovan McNabb and TO both say that they were tired in the fourth quarter against the Pats. Michael Irvin asked TO why they didn't realize that being down by two scores with time running out, that maybe they should pick up the pace. TO said they weren't even thinking about it like that. How pathetic. Don Beebe has more heart and 'never say die' than the entire Eagles offense. The stigma attached to the Bills is nothing more than that - a stigma. Those teams accomplished more than the Eagles have by far.

Yeah. You have no idea how pissed I am at Art Shell, Dan Reeves, Don Shula, and Marty Schottenheimer for doing us the disservice of letting us lose all those Super Bowls. I'd much rather go out in a blaze of glory on my home field versus a rival then even play for the title match.

The Eagles are the poor man's Bills. Let me know after they get to three more titles.

. In the 20-20 vision of hindsight, it is now clear that the entire city of Philadelphia owes a heartfelt gesture of gratitude to Mike Martz, Jon Gruden and John Fox. If it weren't for these kind gentlemen and their success in keeping the Eagles out of three successive Super Bowls, this city now would be ""Buffalo."

237811[/snapback]

Hello?... You play to win the game.

As much as I love Philly, they don't have to worry.......their teams as of late couldn't hold a candle to the Super Bowl Bills. I just saw Donovan McNabb and TO both say that they were tired in the fourth quarter against the Pats. Michael Irvin asked TO why they didn't realize that being down by two scores with time running out, that maybe they should pick up the pace. TO said they weren't even thinking about it like that. How pathetic. Don Beebe has more heart and 'never say die' than the entire Eagles offense. The stigma attached to the Bills is nothing more than that - a stigma. Those teams accomplished more than the Eagles have by far.

237855[/snapback]

Well said!!! We all bear our wounds from the losses, but we went down like brave men, from a reigon of great people.