Would You Have Your Son Circumcised, and Why?

Rob's House

Why is it ignorance. Just making light of it. Do what anybody wants. It isn't the end of the world... And the minuscule amount of more pleasure during sex derived from keeping it is negliable.

It really is no big deal.

The entire "peeing sitting down because you're uncircumcised" rap was ignorant, that's all I was saying. You can pee standing up no matter if you have foreskin or not.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire "peeing sitting down because you're uncircumcised" rap was ignorant, that's all I was saying. You can pee standing up no matter if you have foreskin or not.

Of course one can! I never said that... But one can probably attend oneself better when sitting down and in a private stall. That's all I am saying. It does add a certain level of uncomfortable behavior. Then, that's where the hygiene thing comes into play. I know the whole hygiene thing is a bit BS... But there are other dynamics in play here, especially in public/open settings like a washroom.

FWIW...

What's the verdict???? Did you do the right thing or did you leave that sex juice mud flap intact?

LMAO... That is interesting. What's the biological reason for the mud flap... Never heard that called that. BUT it leads to interesting theories... Helps w/ procreation? ??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Of course one can! I never said that... But one can probably attend oneself better when sitting down and in a private stall. That's all I am saying. It does add a certain level of uncomfortable behavior. Then, that's where the hygiene thing comes into play. I know the whole hygiene thing is a bit BS... But there are other dynamics in play here, especially in public/open settings like a washroom.

There's nothing odd going on when a guy with a foreskin pees. He pees. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

There's nothing odd going on when a guy with a foreskin pees. He pees. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Of course there isn't! Some just find it uncomfortable and awkward in public. That was my point. Especially as a youth, it can be awkward. I am not disputing what you are getting defensive about, but everybody isn't like you.

These are some of the factors to weigh. Uniformity, conformity. You are taking what I am saying and getting offended by it. Why is it offensive. People have real problems with not fitting in. I am glad you do not have these problems, you are one of the strong minded.

In a perfect and ideal world... You are absolutely right!

There is a psychological aspect to all this too.

BS???

http://www.m.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/guide/circumcision

The benefits outweigh the risks....

Thanks!

I say clip (pun intended Clipper) away. We faced the same choice in 1998 w/our son. The nature approach was starting to gain traction back then. BEST choice we made was to do it! Had a gr8 old-school, old-timer doctor that was a real pro, precise, quick... Wham bam and done... No messing around, no mistakes. But, I mentioned that already.

Most men like to pee standing up, unless one is Tom Brady. Peeing standing up is easier circumcised. In a public washroom, it will look like one is playing w/it if they are uncut.

Seriously, I did mention that my father is NOT cut. He'd always prefer sitting down and this was his excuse. FWIW

#EndOfDiscussion

Peeing standing up is not easier if you're circumsised. It's exacly the same. Unless you count 0.000001 improvement.

Your dad peeing sitting down is a little weird. That's a valid enough reason to be peed on. Not on your dad. Dont know him. But lets say my brother told me something like that, I would have to pee on him. Same thing If you ask my brother if I told him Im peeing sitting down, he would say the same thing. "Get your @ up or you're getting peed on"

Peeing standing up is not easier if you're circumsised. It's exacly the same. Unless you count 0.000001 improvement.

Your dad peeing sitting down is a little weird. That's a valid enough reason to be peed on. Not on your dad. Dont know him. But lets say my brother told me something like that, I would have to pee on him. Same thing If you ask my brother if I told him Im peeing sitting down, he would say the same thing. "Get your @ up or you're getting peed on"

I am weird, probably where I get it from. What you said, is just a little bit weirder. Getting pee'd on? Huh? :nana:

Just looks better cleaned up in the long run.

So his son will be Brad Pitt? Having a good looking unit boosts confidence... Unless you are a Brad Pitt and have a good looking everything else.

I agree. That's why my confidence is through the roof as they say.

Flaccid penis look bad both ways.

And when erect, both look the same.

So you were saying?

I think someone already mentioned it. Size is what really matters. A little extra foreskin vs a 2 inch thing... Which would you take? Or better yet, which one would a woman take?

I am weird, probably where I get it from. What you said, is just a little bit weirder. Getting pee'd on? Huh? :nana:

My brother and sister are very very open about this kind of stuff. Sometimes I have to tell my sis, "Yuck sis I dont want to know!!!!!" My bro can tell me anything of course.

BS???

http://www.m.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/guide/circumcision

The benefits outweigh the risks....

Dude dont do that.

"The use of circumcision for medical or health reasons is an issue that continues to be debated."

"but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universalnewborn circumcision."

It's recommended when someone has an infection in the penis. So if you're clean, then you're fine.

So you were saying?

I think someone already mentioned it. Size is what really matters. A little extra foreskin vs a 2 inch thing... Which would you take? Or better yet, which one would a woman take?

My brother and sister are very very open about this kind of stuff. Sometimes I have to tell my sis, "Yuck sis I dont want to know!!!!!" My bro can tell me anything of course.

Of course Clippper! But that is my father's story. For a time after WWII almost all males were... Very little doubt that parents would get it done. Hasn't it been just recently were the movement is to question that practice.

There are many reasons to get it done and many not to. I shared one story of why somebody found it awkward and people are telling me they aren't allowed to feel that way. Why? Because it doesn't fit their preconceived notions?

It is neither right nor wrong either way one goes... But there are issues that have to be addressed. And no Rob, I wouldn't suggest he have the choice later... There is even more risk to that. Again, it is a choice the parents will make for the child and from that point on, they have to live with it and stick with the choice made and any issues that arise. The world is not a perfect place and there is no perfect parent. Try your best. I find it mildly shocking that people would even debate this and ask others for advice. I tried to give mine and I probably shouldn't have. :wallbash:

So you were saying?

Dude dont do that.

"The use of circumcision for medical or health reasons is an issue that continues to be debated."

"but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universalnewborn circumcision."

It's recommended when someone has an infection in the penis. So if you're clean, then you're fine.

Don't tell me what not to do.... Your user name says it all- clipper off!

http://phimosis.com/why-are-older-men-more-likely-to-get-phimosis/

Because everybody simply has the same d*ck, I simply do not know what I am talking about. Everybody is the same, especially when it comes to the foreskin... Yeah right.

Again, for a time... It seemed like most males in our society were getting universally circumcised. When did we start to move away from that? Towards this "natural movement?" Not that I advocate for the universal approach, it is every parents choice.

Just things to consider, like above.

I just love the world we live in today. Everybody is the same, everybody develops the same way... Heck, we all pee the same way! Do people even know what they are talking about?

There are a lot of things to consider. Nothing ever should get the "blanket statement" especially because life isn't perfect, certainly not with human development! ...No matter how hard we try to make them the same.

Did you weigh these risks Rob?

"The majority of boys will have a retractile foreskin by 10 years of age and 95% by 16-17 years of age.Phimosis can subsequently occur at any age."

With myself being born in 1968, at the height of the universal circumcism thing, I never knew this stuff. That being said, I mentioned my father and the problems he had... Of course many were kept private, it isn't like he would tell us everything... Especially back in the day.

He's in his 80's now... It would be interesting to get his feedback on all this. Those guys would seem to be the one's that advice would be very important from. But, he prefers to pee sitting down and deserves to be peed on... So what the heck would his advice from problems he dealt with in 80 years mean?

I am glad I made the right choice w/my son. The risks seem low... Even a small risk vs ZERO risk for a little less sexual function that's almost negliable seems like a no-brainer to me.

I never knew about the 2 year old to 10 year old retractile thing. I guess this where the hygiene argument comes into play? Then phimosis. Seems like a lot of maintenance than it's worth.

Get him clipped and go with the off-road tires and smaller rims than the bigger rims and summer only tires! Lol... ;-) ;-) He will thank you later.

http://phimosis.com/why-are-older-men-more-likely-to-get-phimosis/

Because everybody simply has the same d*ck, I simply do not know what I am talking about. Everybody is the same, especially when it comes to the foreskin... Yeah right.

Again, for a time... It seemed like most males in our society were getting universally circumcised. When did we start to move away from that? Towards this "natural movement?" Not that I advocate for the universal approach, it is every parents choice.

Just things to consider, like above.

Is the article about peeing sitting down? Didnt read it yet.

You couldn't see my fingers making quotation marks in the air??? Psssshhhh

Dont tell me to predict what you were doing.

"The majority of boys will have a retractile foreskin by 10 years of age and 95% by 16-17 years of age.Phimosis can subsequently occur at any age."

With myself being born in 1968, at the height of the universal circumcism thing, I never knew this stuff. That being said, I mentioned my father and the problems he had... Of course many were kept private, it isn't like he would tell us everything... Especially back in the day.

He's in his 80's now... It would be interesting to get his feedback on all this. Those guys would seem to be the one's that advice would be very important from. But, he prefers to pee sitting down and deserves to be peed on... So what the heck would his advice from problems he dealt with in 80 years mean?

I am glad I made the right choice w/my son. The risks seem low... Even a small risk vs ZERO risk for a little less sexual function that's almost negliable seems like a no-brainer to me.

I never knew about the 2 year old to 10 year old retractile thing. I guess this where the hygiene argument comes into play? Then phimosis. Seems like a lot of maintenance than it's worth.

Get him clipped and go with the off-road tires and smaller rims than the bigger rims and summer only tires! Lol... ;-) ;-) He will thank you later.

What maintenance? Wash the dick and you'll be fine.

They sell bar soap everywhere in the year 2015.