Flutie backup JP

trock12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually off the top of my head I think RJ went 3-0 during that superbowl season.

239518[/snapback]

Ok, I stand corrected, but how much did he do in playoff games? If the knock against Flutie was that he couldn't win playoff games, I think you need to examine RJ's record in playoff games for a valid comparison.

Since neither plays for this team, and because of that, neither is an option, this has got to be the stupidest question yet.

With that, your answer is: Neither player.

Just remember, RJ has a SB ring, DF can't even win a playoff game.

239455[/snapback]

Oh that's right. No what if questions. I forgot the rules to this all important chat room. Maybe you should all hop on the "what about Fiedler" thread and spew some venom there.

Oh that's right.  No what if questions.  I forgot the rules to this all important chat room.  Maybe you should all hop on the "what about Fiedler" thread and spew some venom there.

239592[/snapback]

With DF, what "if" is not needed, because we already "know", from his time in Buffalo and San Diego. When push comes to shove, during that "must have game" Flutie may show, but odds say he will not. You can "lust" over DF all you want, and pin the Miami loss on Moulds, or be like the other Flakes and blame Andre, but DF did turn the ball over 3-4 times in that game, the last one doing the very thing all his supporters claimed he did not do. DF took a sack. In the process of that sack, DF fumbled the ball, and the game away.

DF comes up big in the small games, but comes up small in the big games (no pun intended). We already have a QB like that here now. His name is Drew.

Furthermore, the fact you even mentioned the scenario of choosing RJ or DF, as though these were the Bills only options, only proves the only way you can justify the greatness of DF is to compare him RJ. Try comparing DF to another QB, like Garcia or Holcombe (sp?).

Ok, I stand corrected, but how much did he do in playoff games? If the knock against Flutie was that he couldn't win playoff games, I think you need to examine RJ's record in playoff games for a valid comparison.

239524[/snapback]

Playoffs

RJ 0-1

DF 0-2

RJ left the field with a lead.

DF First playoff game - his supporting cast was the defending SB Champs Chicago Bears. Flutie sucked in that playoff game.

DF Second playoff game - Flutie left the field after he took a sack, and fumbled the ball and game away.

Bottom line. They were both lousy QB's. There is no need to bring either back, for any reason, other than to line them up against the wall, and shoot them.

With DF, what "if" is not needed, because we already "know", from his time in Buffalo and San Diego. When push comes to shove, during that "must have game" Flutie may show, but odds say he will not. You can "lust" over DF all you want, and pin the Miami loss on Moulds, or be like the other Flakes and blame Andre, but DF did turn the ball over 3-4 times in that game, the last one doing the very thing all his supporters claimed he did not do. DF took a sack. In the process of that sack, DF  fumbled the ball, and the game away.

DF comes up big in the small games, but comes up small in the big games (no pun intended). We already have a QB like that here now. His name is Drew.

Furthermore, the fact you even mentioned the scenario of choosing RJ or DF, as though these were the Bills only options, only proves the only way you can justify the greatness of DF is to compare him RJ. Try comparing DF to another QB, like Garcia or Holcombe (sp?).

239791[/snapback]

Obviously neither QB will be back in Buffalo, the question was, who would you rather have between the two. "Neither" is a boring easy escape. I think you would pick Flutie over RJ, right. I have a hard time understanding why so many people would respond to a thread about Flutie saying,"your not allowed to ask such questions because it won't happen." It's just a question, I promise you won't be held accountable for your answer.

BTW the argument thaqt Flutie lost that Miami game because of numerous tunrovers is better than saying he lost the game on the last play of the game. He drove them down to the five yard line with less than a minute on the clock, and ran for dear life trying to find someone open, that sack/fumble was a last gasp of a great drive.