[closed]Time to jump onto the Bryce Brown Bandwagon!!

ChanOverChin

I have to speak up for Bryce Brown. This guy has some real talent.

I think he has gotten a very bad an uncalled for rap as a fumbler. He only fumbled ONCE last year and technically it wasn't a fumble. He had just had a great 20+ yd run vs KC and was about to score a TD when one of the KC DBs ripped the ball out of his hands just before he crossed the goal line. That was definitely frustrating to watch. If he scores that TD the Bills probably beat KC.......and probably make the playoffs at 10-6!!

I remember when he was traded from Phily to Buffalo that Shady McCoy was quoted to say that Brown would easily be the instant starter (ahead of F. Jackson).

My point is that we need to give Brown a fair shot. You won't be disappointed.

BTW, speaking of Fred Jackson, my take is that he was cut for several reasons:

1. 34 yr old RB (easily the oldest in the league and not likely to play much longer).

2. Scheduled to make $2.75M (a lot for a backup RB behind McCoy).

3. Seemed to become awfully injury prone in his later years. Great player when he was healthy, but he was often missing 4-6 games on a regular basis. 34 yr old bodies just can't take the NFL pounding and recover quick enough.

But the biggest reason of all was to make room for Bryce Brown.

If the Bills had kept Jackson they would have likely parted with Brown because they could only keep so many RBs. They would have had McCoy/Jackson/Williams/Dixon/Felton. Keeping more than those five would have meant not keeping an important ST player or extra defender.

Remember, Whaley TRADED a R4 pick for Brown, who is talented, much younger than Jackson, and makes much less than Jackson. You just know that Whaley fought hard to make room for Brown for those reasons. Plus, Whaley needs the cap room to be able to extend Dareus' contract.

It was very sad to see Jackson be let go, but if Brown produces we'll have another nice complementary RB for McCoy for several years to come.

I think he has gotten a very bad an uncalled for rap as a fumbler. He only fumbled ONCE last year and technically it wasn't a fumble. He had just had a great 20+ yd run vs KC and was about to score a TD when one of the KC DBs ripped the ball out of his hands just before he crossed the goal line. That was definitely frustrating to watch. If he scores that TD the Bills probably beat KC.......and probably make the playoffs at 10-6!!

I remember when he was traded from Phily to Buffalo that Shady McCoy was quoted to say that Brown would easily be the instant starter (ahead of F. Jackson).

1. 34 yr old RB (easily the oldest in the league and not likely to play much longer).

3. Seemed to become awfully injury prone in his later years. Great player when he was healthy, but he was often missing 4-6 games on a regular basis. 34 yr old bodies just can't take the NFL pounding and recover quick enough.

If the Bills had kept Jackson they would have likely parted with Brown because they could only keep so many RBs. They would have had McCoy/Jackson/Williams/Dixon/Felton. Keeping more than those five would have meant not keeping an important ST player or extra defender.

Remember, Whaley TRADED a R4 pick for Brown, who is talented, much younger than Jackson, and makes much less than Jackson. You just know that Whaley fought hard to make room for Brown for those reasons. Plus, Whaley needs the cap room to be able to extend Dareus' contract.

It was very sad to see Jackson be let go, but if Brown produces we'll have another nice complementary RB for McCoy for several years to come.

I think at some point, perhaps week 1, he breaks a 60-70 yarder and people see him in a different light. It is interesting how inaccurate the narrative can get. You would think he fumbled 5-10x last year, and that no other RB fumbled! I'm also willing to go on record and say he has a 150+ yard game at some point this season, perhaps sooner rather than later.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Having the ball ripped out of your hands is literally the definition of a fumble. How can you say "he technically didn't fumble?"

And yea, he had 1 fumble on like 5 carries. Not to mention the reason he has been a bench warmer his ENTIRE CAREER is because he has had fumbling problems that entire time