Team ideas

Ok I just wanted to start a thread about something not related to bashing Bledsoe and heaping praises upon the "Savoir" so bear with me for a few moments

I was just thinking about our team needs and well it struck me we need a #3 wr and a te. Guys who can be called upon outside of Moulds/Evans. To give us a clutch 1st down to sustain a drive or be a threat in the redzone . So I'm gonna throw some names out here, and see if I get some responses on who would be the best fit

possible #3wrs

1. David Patten- scheduled to become an ufa in march. Pats might be unwilling to compensate him. Had a very solid year for ne. Amasing 800 yards and 7 tds on 44 receptions. 37 of his 44 receptions went for 1st downs

2. Corey Bradford- UFA kind of got lost in the shuffle in Houston with Andre Johnson/Jabar Gaffney. Another dependable vet. Was injured some this past year but still put up 27 catches for 399 yards and 3 tds. 20 of his 27 catches went for 1st downs.

3. Dane Looker- UFA From St Louis. Had kind of a down year this year from 2003. only 13 catches for 183 yards 7 1st down catches. 2003 stats: 47 catches 495 yards 3 tds 27 1st down receptions.

(Now maybe you're high on Sam Aiken or want to give reed another shot, but if patten is available I'd jump all over it that or through the draft. Ala Roscoe Parrish, chris henry, terrance murphy, or mark bradley)

TE Free agents

1. Anthony Becht- UFA Claims he wasn't used right. Jet fans claim he's horrible. Personally I agree with both but I'm throwing his name out here anyway. Former 1st rd draft pick had only 13 catches for 100 yards and 1 td. Could be had cheap but I don't think he's an upgrade over our current te's.

2. Freddie Jones- UFA Arizona Cardnials 8 year vet, Who puts up solid #'s every year. 2004 stats 16 45 426 26.6 9.5 40 4.0 16 2

3. Bubba Franks- always felt he can do better than what he's shown in green bay. Great redzone target. Amassed 7 tds on 34 catches for 361 yards. 20 of those 34 catches went for 1st downs.

Theres more ufa te's available some of whom will probably be resigned. such as ken dilger(tb), jermaine wiggins(minn.), dave moore(tb), jeb putzier(den) stephen alexander (det).

While Te is a definite position we can fill through free agency. Marcus pollard may be cut to save the colts money he's due 4.3 million this coming year, think the draft is also a solid way to go. While obviousily no one of a tony gonzalez jeremey shockey kellen winslow jr ilk is going to be available there are some solid prospects available like:: Alex Smith from stanford. Alex holmes from USC. Dave kashetta from boston college. Eric Knott Michigan State.

Now obviousily we need help along the oline as well, but I just figured I'd throw out some ideas about possible places we could look for a #3 wr or te. Anyway the novels over k...thx :doh:

Give it up!

There is no team anymore.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!

All the WNYDBS fan club are now going to root for the Bills to lose and for Ralph to move the team to Toronot - er, sorry - Toronto.

:doh:

Give it up!

There is no team anymore.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Drew's going.

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!

All the WNYDBS fan club are now going to root for the Bills to lose and for Ralph to move the team to Toronot - er, sorry - Toronto.

:lol:

236632[/snapback]

:doh::P