OT Yankees lose Red Sox win

T-Bone

Red Sox and Bills fans know heart break, but something tells me this year is going to be different in Boston. At least the Sox will go farther than the Yankees. There's a new book out that claims the Yankees dynasty ended when they lost the World Series to the Diamondbacks. Whether that's true or not, they sure don't look like the Yankees of old right now. 26 world championships is going to get them squat this year.

PTR

Red Sox and Bills fans know heart break, but something tells me this year is going to be different in Boston.  At least the Sox will go farther than the Yankees.  There's a new book out that claims the Yankees dynasty ended when they lost the World Series to the Diamondbacks.  Whether that's true or not, they sure don't look like the Yankees of old right now.  26 world championships is going to get them squat this year.

PTR

17987[/snapback]

You sound like everyone else in Boce-town. "This is the Ye-ahhhh we win it all". Heard that for what, 86 years now. :wacko:

what an incredible season , each day brings more exciting news! i don't care what may happen in October , i know something for sure: i have much more fun rooting for the Red Sox this year that i have ever had and i'm sure i have much more fun than any Yanks fan (how can you have fun rooting for the Yanks? can someone explain me!!); i love you Red Sox!!

Remember what happened the last time you REDSUX fans got way to happy.

AARON BLEEPING BOONE WENT DEEP. Oh how depressing for those in beantown :wacko:

IT AINT OVER TO LADY LIBERTY STARTS SINGING NEW YORK NEW YORK

THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AGAIN. :lol:

Spankees are all done period! Just get over it and go punch a wall LMAO. Like i say about my Bills the past is the past this year is present and thats what im rooting for!!! GO SOX!!!!

AARON BLEEPING BOONE WENT DEEP. Oh how depressing for those in beantown :wacko:

THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AGAIN. :lol:

18173[/snapback]

so what Sue? we will talk about that game for decades in Boston and believe it or not after all this bad souvenir will become just a souvenir, one that we will cherish , a part of the Legend. As a difference to you Yanks fans for whom last season was just an average season, ending with your ass kicked by the Marlins... If all red Sox years could end in such dramas i don't care if we never win it all, sometimes the journey is much more important than the desination, and what a journey those last 2 seasons have been!

AARON BLEEPING BOONE WENT DEEP. Oh how depressing for those in beantown :D

18173[/snapback]

I still get chills when I think about that hit! Wow.... And don't forget about the "game of the year" when the Yanks beat the redsocks in extra innings.

so what Sue? we will talk about that game for decades in Boston and believe it or not after all this bad souvenir will become just a souvenir, one that we will cherish , a part of the Legend. As a difference to you Yanks fans for whom last season was just an average season, ending with your ass kicked by the Marlins... If all red Sox years could end in such dramas i don't care if we never win it all, sometimes the journey is much more important than the desination, and what a journey those last 2 seasons have been!

18483[/snapback]

What a loser attitude. "I don't care if we never win it all." Ha! That's a freakin' joke. Go to Fenway Park and make that statement, and see how many people pour their beer on you, spit on you, curse you, maybe even kick the crap out of you.

As a Yankee fan, I don't consider last year "average." We won the AL East by six games, got through the first round, and beat our arch rival in one of the most memorable playoff series ever. Sure, we didn't win the ultimate prize, but that's far better than an average season.

You think these last two seasons have been memorable for the Red Sox? Sure, they had a great season in 2003, and they are playing remarkable baseball as of late. But I can only hope (wishful thinking here) that the Red Sox players have the same loser mentality that you do. When you go 86 seasons without winning, and you have passionate and knowledgeable fans like Boston does, I'm sure the general attitude is, "The hell with the journey if we don't reach our final destination." If that's not the attitude, then the Red Sox are billsfanone again. Unfortunately for me, a Red Sox hater, I sincerely doubt that's the case.

I don't doubt that you have had great joy following your team, even though they haven't won it all. In fact, I will always have wonderul memories of the 2001 season, even though the Yanks came so painfully close to winning it all, but did not. The Bills of the early 90s took me on a terrific ride as well. But to say you don't care if the Sox EVER win it all is about as lame a statement one can make.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure other Red Sox fans will just allow last year's loss to the Yankees in the ALCS just become another memory, and not a bad nightmare. Just like they did in 1978. Heck, Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone may be future mayors of Boston because they're so beloved for providing Red Sox fans with such wonderful memories. Give me a break.