[closed]Brady legacy if he loses in court?

Brady has ventured into very dangerous territory. He now has to accept the 4 game suspension, or risk an ugly legal battle.

First...Lets face facts...the deflation of the football is really at the heart of football competition a pretty minor infraction that really shouldn't have warranted much more than a fine. Past and current great players all admitted to some sort of bending the minor rules in games, many of which more impactful than this. From OL guys using oils on their arms, to stick em on gloves, to over inflating the ball past legal amounts for firmer grip. And the game in question, Brady destroyed the Colts in the 2nd half with the legal football and then beat the best D and defending champs in the SB with legit footballs.

The real story was Brady's defiance and especially the intentional interference in the investigation be destroying the evidence requested. He violated strict rules that were coincidentally put in place because of Spygate about impeding an investigation. That is a much more serious offense and the NFL did not take it lightly, nor should they. A 2 game suspension was probably the most appropriate response, but Goodell dropped the hammer at 4 games. Brady and his team could have and should have pled it down to the 2 games but instead insisted on a fine only. Now here in lies the rub...

If you are going to fight it because of innocence, why even be willing to pay the fine? Basically its essentially acknowledging he is guilty of something but just doesn't agree with the punishment. More importantly, it put the NFL in position to stand their ground now forcing Brady to take this to court. Now when things go to court, Brady runs the risk of the things he tried to conceal coming into the light.

Now...lets look at athletes who emphatically swore their innocence, even got angry over it and kept fighting it until it finally came out indisputably that they were guilty. Players such as Bonds, Sosa, A-Rod, Braun, Clemens, etc in baseball all did this. Steroids is a much more serious violation, but whats remembered most is their lying and defiance to admit to what they did. Openly admitting to it doing an era it was prolific in baseball was far less damaging then denying over and over again until it was proven to be true.

So my question becomes...could Brady recover if this gets dragged through an ugly court case that sees the truth come out that he did in fact know and destroyed the evidence? Brady's legacy would have mostly been in tact had he just said "My bad, I like them softer and the ball boy let too much out" and moved on and paid a fine. I mean, the facts are he is legitimately one of the best ever as the balls air pressure isn't that impactive. It didn't make his career. But, how will people see him if he does indeed sue and drags this out in an ugly court battle and loses? He may win, and maybe that clears his name...but I am asking if he loses.

PS: Try and remove personal Brady and Pats hate...Im referring more to how everyone else will likely see it lmao

Edited by Alphadawg7

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.