Good deal over at Finish Line!

Mike32282

I just bought myself another jersey (I already have the home version of Bledsoe). I got an away version of Willis McGahee. <_<

They are selling the replica jerseys at Finish Line for only $49.99. Originally the jerseys are $65 or higher. The 3x version is originally $78. Plus, it's tax free week. So I didn't have to pay any tax. B)

I just bought myself another jersey (I already have the home version of Bledsoe).  I got an away version of Willis McGahee. <_<

They are selling the replica jerseys at Finish Line for only $49.99. Originally the jerseys are $65 or higher. The 3x version is originally $78.  Plus, it's tax free week. So I didn't have to pay any tax.  B)

17884[/snapback]

Wow, no sales tax. Wonder what that's like? Oh yeah, we don't have that here. Or Income Tax. And they pay us every year.

Hee hee.

Don't hate the playa, playa.  ;)

17917[/snapback]

Fine, but you don't have to rub it in and piss me off. I'm already in a bad mood because the Yankees are losing 1-3 to the Orioles and the Red Sox are winning too and getting ready to come to 2 1/2 games behind the Yanks. <_<

Wow, no sales tax.  Wonder what that's like?  Oh yeah, we don't have that here.  Or Income Tax.  And they pay us every year.

Hee hee.

17896[/snapback]

But is it really worth it? Having winter 6 months of the year, and needing black curtains during the summer to sleep? And don't get me going on the beautiful scenery, and wild life.

But is it really worth it? Having winter 6 months of the year, and needing black curtains during the summer to sleep? And don't get me going on the beautiful scenery, and wild life.

18035[/snapback]

No. Stay where you are. Alaska sucks.

The fewer people move here, the more my Permanent Fund Dividend is. Now re-read the first sentence.

I don't have blackout curtains to sleep (I don't live above the Arctic Circle, which is 350 miles away) and I like winter. There's lots to do here if you like to play outside (not you S-hit). Plenty of outdoor ice rinks to play hockey or ice skate. World Class cross country skiing. The best snowmobiling to be had. Ice fishing.

Our summer was just about 4 straight months of temps between 65-75 degrees, almost no humidity, and 20 hours of sunshine a day. Beat that.

As far as beautiful scenery and wildlife, I don't catch your meaning. If you're trying to compare Syracuse (or any of Upstate) to Alaska, you're going to lose everytime. Everyday here is a postcard, even when the weather is positively brutal (which, contrary to the popular misconception, is almost never). Mountains all around, volcanoes, glaciers, rivers, the ocean, etc. It's really no comparison.

Moose Pictures in Town

Some Scenic Anchorage Photos

Picture from One Of Our World Class Bike Trails

Anchorage Cam

No.  Stay where you are.  Alaska sucks.

The fewer people move here, the more my Permanent Fund Dividend is.  Now re-read the first sentence.

I don't have blackout curtains to sleep (I don't live above the Arctic Circle, which is 350 miles away) and I like winter.  There's lots to do here if you like to play outside (not you S-hit).  Plenty of outdoor ice rinks to play hockey or ice skate.  World Class cross country skiing.  The best snowmobiling to be had.  Ice fishing.

Our summer was just about 4 straight months of temps between 65-75 degrees, almost no humidity, and 20 hours of sunshine a day.  Beat that.

As far as beautiful scenery and wildlife, I don't catch your meaning.  If you're trying to compare Syracuse (or any of Upstate) to Alaska, you're going to lose everytime.  Everyday here is a postcard, even when the weather is positively brutal (which, contrary to the popular misconception, is almost never).  Mountains all around, volcanoes, glaciers, rivers, the ocean, etc.  It's really no comparison.

Moose Pictures in Town

Anchorage Cam

18126[/snapback]

Please tell me you don't do curling! :wacko:

That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen! :lol:

Please tell me you don't do curling!    :wacko:

That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen!    :lol:

18140[/snapback]

I don't. There is a pretty large building here for those who do. I've never thought of bowling or sweeping as sports, so combining them seems somewhat silly.

No.  Stay where you are.  Alaska sucks.

The fewer people move here, the more my Permanent Fund Dividend is.  Now re-read the first sentence.

I don't have blackout curtains to sleep (I don't live above the Arctic Circle, which is 350 miles away) and I like winter.  There's lots to do here if you like to play outside (not you S-hit).  Plenty of outdoor ice rinks to play hockey or ice skate.  World Class cross country skiing.  The best snowmobiling to be had.  Ice fishing.

Our summer was just about 4 straight months of temps between 65-75 degrees, almost no humidity, and 20 hours of sunshine a day.  Beat that.

As far as beautiful scenery and wildlife, I don't catch your meaning.  If you're trying to compare Syracuse (or any of Upstate) to Alaska, you're going to lose everytime.  Everyday here is a postcard, even when the weather is positively brutal (which, contrary to the popular misconception, is almost never).  Mountains all around, volcanoes, glaciers, rivers, the ocean, etc.  It's really no comparison.

Moose Pictures in Town

Anchorage Cam

18126[/snapback]

That sounds like Heaven to me..outdoor ice rinks..that would be unbelievable

18035[/snapback]

Just like Western NY where we have winter 6 months of the year also. :wacko:

I'll add my own from my recent trip to Alaska:

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_album.ph...bumName=album03

I wouldn't want to live there in winter (not because of cold/snow, but because of lots of darkness). But the summer was just BEAUTIFUL. 70 degrees and sunny our ENTIRE week there (excluding the trek to Hubbard glacier).

*sighs wistfully*

House prices are insane though, apparantly due to the fact that most of the land is protected and it's difficult to get new developments. Oh, and tell us how much fruits, vegetibles and milk cost Darin? Hmm? Come on, share the bad with the good. :wacko:

CW

I spent a summer on the Kenai peninsula, and it's unbelieveable. I've been all over the country, and nothing compares to beauty (and scale) of Alaskan scenery. And I loved that the sun sets at midnight and rises at 5am.

But Fezmid is right -- stuff is pricey there. And don't forget the mosquitos...

Great pics, Fezmid.

18126[/snapback]

Actually it was a poor joke. I definitely want to make it to Alaska some time before I die. My parents went last year, my Dad spent about 6 months planning the whole trip. They drove from NY, stopping along the way to check out the sites. They left about mid-May, got back about mid-August.

I'll add my own from my recent trip to Alaska:

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_album.ph...bumName=album03

I wouldn't want to live there in winter (not because of cold/snow, but because of lots of darkness).  But the summer was just BEAUTIFUL.  70 degrees and sunny our ENTIRE week there (excluding the trek to Hubbard glacier).

*sighs wistfully*

House prices are insane though, apparantly due to the fact that most of the land is protected and it's difficult to get new developments.  Oh, and tell us how much fruits, vegetibles and milk cost Darin?  Hmm?  Come on, share the bad with the good. :D

CW

18266[/snapback]

Housing prices in Anchorage are not much different than other places I've lived, though they've increased quite a bit over the past 10 years. Salaries are typically commensurate. I'm sure the places you visited were pretty high, as most tourist towns (regardless of where in this country) usually are.

I don't think the cost of living here is significantly higher than most other places, now that we have the internet. It was much worse 10 years ago. Now we have WalMart, Costco, Sam's Club, etc.