Good deal over at Finish Line!

Mike32282

Don't come here for the women.  Trust me on that.  :w00t:

18505[/snapback]

There were some pretty cute girls in the touristy places... :D At least a couple of them said that they were full-time residents.

As for prices -- we were told on several tours that fruits, vegetibles, milk, etc, cost more because it all had to be shipped up on a boat (not much grown locally). Same thing with building supplies, etc.

CW

There were some pretty cute girls in the touristy places... :D  At least a couple of them said that they were full-time residents.

As for prices -- we were told on several tours that fruits, vegetibles, milk, etc, cost more because it all had to be shipped up on a boat (not much grown locally).  Same thing with building supplies, etc.

CW

18705[/snapback]

I'm sure in the places you visited that's true. Not so much in a city of almost 300,000 people with 2 Lowe's, a Home Depot, a handful of True Values, & Spenard Builder's Supply (large Alaska chain). I'm sure it's more expensive than the lower 48, but not enough to offset the amount of taxes.

Produce wise the quality could be better, but the prices aren't anywhere near as ridiculous as they used to be (or are in places like Juneau and Ketchikan). Apparently WalMart is going to build yet another store, this time a Super Center.

As women go, there are pretty girls everywhere. I think the ratio here is over 5-to-1. Not real good odds.