Just got a call on my cell....I guess im going to jail

I received a call on my cell phone

- From a man with a heavy middle eastern accident.......in what appears to be a call center from the back ground noise and other people talking

- I have apparently committed tax fraud......and police are coming to my house to arrest me within the next 45 minutes

- The person who called me left a message asking for a call back stating they were with the IRS....when I called back I was informed of this information

- Not sure if scam because I didnt let them finish their conversation....basically told them I will talk to the police when they come out to the house

- No the IRS has not sent me any written notification

- I am in the last few days of a Chapter 11 bankruptsy.........so dont see how it would even be possible because the courts and my lawyers have my tax returns ever year

but

If I am not around after 45 minutes from now.....it was great knowing all of you here at TBD... :)

You actually called them back on your own cell phone??? Congrats,you are now on whats called a sucker list.Just change your number now and save yourself the hassle.

The IRS doesn't initiate contact by phone, it's almost always by certified mail or in person.

When you file for bankruptcy, get a lien or a judgement it goes on your public record - for everyone (including the scammers) to see. You'll probably be getting a ton of junk mail from tax attorneys in the next few months.

this. we recently had a speaker at our civic club from the state fraud division. this is a common ploy. they are getting very sophisticated. there's another scam that involves calling granparents of kids that they find the familily ties on through the internet - eg FB. they then call grampa and tell him little sally is in jail (often a foreign jail) and will be very unhappy if he doesn't bail her out now... lots of scumbags out there. schemes are almost all based on fear.

I just have the original "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast cued up and ready to roll...

Once the scammer got a few words in I hit play where the "breaking news" part begins... The guy went freaking nuts screaming and eventually sobbing and I had to comfort him and tell him it would be okay...

As long as he wasn't in India, because that's where the Martians landed!

lol