Question regarding Chris Williams

With the recent release of Mathis and the discussion of cap space and releasing Chris Williams it made me think... With his current back issues, if we reached an injury settlement with him, how would that effect the cap? I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere- I couldn't find it...

But if there is an injury settlement, would his salary this year count against the cap or does it just disappear....

Id imagine it would depend on terms reached but we'd surely have to account for all money paid to him. If we cut him now that is the same issue.

He is a cap casualty that Whaley messed up on.

How did Whaley mess up? The Bills running game was better with Williams than without so can't see how you can say Whaley messed up.

With the recent release of Mathis and the discussion of cap space and releasing Chris Williams it made me think... With his current back issues, if we reached an injury settlement with him, how would that effect the cap? I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere- I couldn't find it...

I could be wrong - the rules are complex - but I don't believe Chris Williams gets an injury settlement. We keep him, or we cut him and eat his signing bonus and guaranteed money.

I could be wrong - the rules are complex - but I don't believe Chris Williams gets an injury settlement. We keep him, or we cut him and eat his signing bonus and guaranteed money.

Thanks... It was just a passing thought and I was hoping there would be the ability to do this and to gain some cap space... Let's hope something is in the works that doesn't inhibit our ability to resign our own!