Reagan Stamp

So you've been to Washington DC, then?   :devil:  I'm rather surprised they haven't renamed it the city of Reagan, in the District of Reagan yet...

234044[/snapback]

How's about we level Mount Rushmore and build it up again, as Mount Reagan?

This is the kind of stuff that's going to have me sending letters and postcards FedEx, never mind that Reagan himself didn't want his gourd emblemized all over, Stalin style.

never mind that Reagan himself didn't want his gourd emblemized all over, Stalin style.

240455[/snapback]

totally agree with you. as much as i like reagan politically and as a man, i don't want to see all the reagan idolitry, other than the stamp (they do it for every president on their death) and the carrier (a fitting tribute).

if his mind hadn't been ravaged by alzheimers, he probably would have objected to his name being used on the largest federal office building in DC and the renaming of the airport

it goes against what he stood for and his legacy. now his memory is just being exploited by the modern republican party (which has strayed from his direction)

Why does everyone have to be so sarcastic and angry? This is a beautiful world that we live in, and there is room for all of us, regardless of our political feelings, we should all just try to get along.

All this talk about the former mayor barry and the former president clinton, is nothing more then a deviation from the topic. This should be about the 40th president of the United States of America. Even those who hate him, should be able to stand together with others who hold him in high esteem, and have some positive feelings for Mr. reagan.

Don't be a hater....love the Creator

I submitted my design ideas for the Reagan stamp(s) to the USPS, but they haven't gotten back to me yet...

-

-I was thinking a four-stamp commemorative issue would be cool, each one showing a key aspect of his presidency...

-

- The first could be a tableau showing a homeless mother with small kids begging on the sidewalk... Hell, we could even time the release with National Camping Week!

-

- The second could be the actual cover of the torture manual we wrote for the Nicaraguans...

-

- The third could be a shot of Reagan, Ollie North, and Noriega toasting each other in the back of a limosine. On the back of the limo would be a "JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS" bumper sticker...

-

- The fourth could be a shot of two 747's over Kennedy missing each other by fifteen feet.

-

--- Like I said, they haven't gotten back to me yet. Oops... check that. There's two guys from Homeland Security at my door right now. I'll be back later. Maybe.

Well, when Slick Willie dies they can name the DC VD clinic after him! ;)  :D

240533[/snapback]

they've already said the next carrier to be built will be the George HW Bush and i suspect the following carrier to be the William Clinton, tho it would be a fitting tribute to name a submarine after him :)