Virginians better keep their pants up

millbank

Judging from Stevestojan's post, he learned enough not to react hysterically every time a fat plumber loses the "right' to show the world his ugly behind.

234936[/snapback]

Yet another poignant post in a line of many. It doesn't surprise me at all that your response misses the big picture, nor that your comparison is totally inaccurate to the matter at hand.

Yet another poignant post in a line of many.  It doesn't surprise me at all that your response misses the big picture, nor that your comparison is totally inaccurate to the matter at hand.

234941[/snapback]

They revise the decency code, and based on the hysterical reaction I've seen from some of the people on this thread you'd think that Virginia had just adopted the swastika as the state flag. The big picture is that the decency code is now different. If that's the worst thing you can find to complain about, then Virginia's not doing that badly.

They revise the decency code, and based on the hysterical reaction I've seen from some of the people on this thread you'd think that Virginia had just adopted the swastika as the state flag. The big picture is that the decency code is now different. If that's the worst thing you can find to complain about, then Virginia's not doing that badly.

234956[/snapback]

Thanks for proving my point with your response.

It seems that your participation in this discussion has degenerated from intelligent debate to mindless namecalling. Oh, wait; you began your participation in this discussion with mindless namecalling. Bad dog!

235132[/snapback]

...written by someone who can achieve neither... <_<

Yeah, instead they pass a law with a fine of $50 that'll cost the state an average of $1000 per incident to enforce.  That's good for an already overburdened legal system that is putting violent criminals back on the streets because there isn't enough money to keep them locked up.

Big picture, meat.

233669[/snapback]

That's okay our state can afford it. After all the stupid Gov and the lackey Republican controlled state legislature raised our taxes by quite a bit last year, even though they already had a 4 billion dollar per year excess in the budget. So now we have 8 billion going into state accounts that the idiots in Richmond are trying to figure out which "programs" they can spend it on so they can get elected. Little do they realize, that hopefully all these idiots will be gone next year. They have stolen, and basically bride the state employees, and teachers with huge payraises over the last two years, in hopes that it help them all get reelected. The Gov is doing it so he looks good in the National media, because he wants to run for President in 2008.

While it is stupid these kids wear their pants with their underwear showing, I believe current indecency laws cover this and this law is just overkill. To top it off, it could best be handle just by having the police bring the kid home, chastise the parents and tell them they get a court summons the next time it happens. Problem solved, no new law, and no national media attention.

What these idiots need to do is lower the damn taxes back to what they were and lower the cost of state colleges, which they like to raise 10% a year.