Trade Ideas

The trade that obviously helps this team the most is for the quarterback position. Like Philly and STL showed us, you have to have a quarterback to trade for a quarterback. The Bills do not have such player currently on the roster.

The other option, one that the Bills could do, is to trade some talent/picks for a backup where the franchise guy is solid for years to come. I believe there's a unique type of quarterback guru with scouting/knowledge needed to pull this off. And I do not believe the Bills currently have such a person either. Last resort(?) is the Bills will wooo a solid free agent in the offseason. This free agent scenerio would be very unique if we're talking a fanchise QB, as they usually always re-sign with their teams. The teams already have too much invested in them not to bring them back. Andrew Luck would be such a case, because the Colts have proven that they cannot surround their franchise quarterback who's in their prime with a comparably worthy roster. But then, the Bills would have to beat out almost every single NFL team to land Luck. But then there's the free agent who is good enough to WIN A SUPER BOWL with this talented team. He could be out there next year. I don't know. But I know it's not Cassel. I don't think we're going to like him very much after he shows us what he's got. Hope I have to eat those words.

Two types of quarterbacks: 1. The franchise guy; and 2. The good enough free agent. The Bills want both.

The the Bills will probably be drafting their franchise guy. So get some quarterback people on this job asap. Don't make TBD do it for you. In the mean time, sign a good enough to with the super bowl free agent in early 2016. This is your course, Buffalo.

Edited by Thrivefourfive

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic