If you were GM how would you manage the QB search

Martifal

I posted it last year and on draft day I'll post it again, I would do what ever it takes to aquire an additional #1 pick in next years draft. With our current roster were not going to be in a position to get a franchise QB in the draft without trading up with an additional #1 you would enhance your ability to trade up if the opportunity presented itself. If it doesn't I would use the extra #1 to secure an additional #1 the following year and you could probably get some extra later round picks in that trade, and I would continue that process until I had my QB. If a team decided to shop a veteran franchise QB and you had 2 #1 picks it would certainly enhance your ability outbid other teams, that's how I would manage the search for a franchise QB.

Edited by Martifal

Great in theory.... But I think it's best to draft a 2-4 round guy every year until you get that guy... Even while developing a guy- so last year, this year, next year... Same story... I think when you know you hit on a Rodgers, manning, etc... You have flexibility for a few years (5-7) where it isn't a necessity- then you start the same thing looking for his replacement....

If there is ever a draft to do it in, it's this one... Trade out our 2nd rounder this year for a first rounder next year... But will there be any takers... And only if the OT the Bills want isnt on the board anymore.

Just keep building this team. It is, all of the sudden, and incredibly attractive team. If you beef up the OL and lock the defense in we should be in position to trade and/or sign the next turn-key/ready-to-go FA.

Look at our team. We don't need a rookie.