Lawn service. I need one

mead107

nobody does it better than you can do on your own. have had numerous lawn guys including independent local guys and national co's like chem lawn and tru green. none of them really gave a sh#% how the lawn did. very little attention to detail. now that i have a bit more time, i weed and feed at the right time with the good stuff, cut at proper heights and differing angles, water when needed and don't cut when it will do harm (hired guys NEVER do this). pulling shrubs, i'd hire somebody but replant myself. landscapers in general are overpriced imo. hire the odd jobs guy that plows driveways in the winter and that the neighbors recommend. .

And, Virginia Green Lawn here in Richmond is just awesome. Now, they are just treatment and aerator and overseer in the fall, I do all the cutting etc( well kids do).

No doubt you can tell every lawn in the neighborhood that uses them, and more importantly the ones who don't. Worth every penny

nobody does it better than you can do on your own. have had numerous lawn guys including independent local guys and national co's like chem lawn and tru green. none of them really gave a sh#% how the lawn did. very little attention to detail. now that i have a bit more time, i weed and feed at the right time with the good stuff, cut at proper heights and differing angles, water when needed and don't cut when it will do harm (hired guys NEVER do this). pulling shrubs, i'd hire somebody but replant myself. landscapers in general are overpriced imo. hire the odd jobs guy that plows driveways in the winter and that the neighbors recommend. .

This. I also plow my quarter mile drive ,60 foot wide with my 83 f-150 I paid 400 bucks for. 8yrs ago. I don't treat my lawn,have well water. It would be awful pricey since I mow almost 3 acres. I`m a do it yourself guy. At 56 though ,this blue collar worker is starting to wear a little. I don`t like chemicals or dye sprayed on my lawns. Not healthy for the kids to play on.

Going to mow my own. Guy coming to clean yard is charging 250 Going to have my brother come down with his kabota and dig out plants. And spread some dirt for me. Need to dig out back cellar wall and repair bow and crack this year.

If you're less than 55 miles from the nearest radio telescope, this solution might work:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/04/16/400183904/we-might-welcome-robot-lawn-mowers-but-astronomers-arent-so-happy

cool. seems like the robots would be guided by the same radio frequency tech that underground dog fences are. why not change the frequency?

Olive?

Autumn olive ,they are like Russian olive . They get a real fragrant yellow flower,real fragrant. The birds love them . Turkeys, grouse and such. Humans eat them also ,jam ,wine,and other ways. 40 times the anti oxidant of blue berries. I`ve planted a couple hundred. I think I`m going to work on my lawn tractor now. Tired of planting today. Oh .I have a friend who owns a tree nursery,thats how I`ve have planted hundreds of tree`s and bushes.Thirty acres of ground doesn`t hurt either.