[closed]For those who hate the trade...

I get it. Kiko had a phenomenal rookie year in 2013. However, he tore his ACL and Chip Kelly essentially is the one with everything to lose here, as you never know how an NFL player will respond to such a devistating injury such as that one.

We got a proven NFL commodity in LeSean McCoy. A bona fide game changer. He was fazed out of Kelly's "razzle dazzle" gimmick college offense that teams eventually caught up with throughout last season. We lose Spiller, which in my opinion, is no great loss. For every one "big play" Spiller broke, there were probably around ten plays CJ was either caught in the backfield for a loss, or wasn't on the field period because the oldest RB in the league was better on the field than he was.

Save the story about "who's McCoy running behind" because Fred and Boobie, when they had opportunities, made the most of theirs while CJ was either injured or taking 5 yd losses.

Good luck Kiko, I wish him nothing but the best. But we had the third best Defense in the NFL without him, and probably the biggest reason we missed the playoffs last year was because we lacked offensive difference makers. We now have one...

Now, we need a quarterback. Stay tuned...

Well said...

In the big thread it's also well put:

Kiko is a very good player with the potential to be great. McCoy is already great, and has about 4-5 more years of great.

Thinking for more than 3 years into the future as an NFL guy means you're probably not going to be an NFL guy long (player, coach, GM...)

Well said...

In the big thread it's also well put:

Kiko is a very good player with the potential to be great. McCoy is already great, and has about 4-5 more years of great.

Thinking for more than 3 years into the future as an NFL guy means you're probably not going to be an NFL guy long (player, coach, GM...)

"4-5 years more of great" is overly optimistic.

He's 26, will be 27 at the start of the season. Not a lot of great 30+ year old backs.

I'd say he likely has 2 years of great left and 1-2 years of maybe very good after that.

Make no mistake, this is a short-term move.

Having said that, I'm still OK with it.

Edited by BobChalmers

I get it. Kiko had a phenomenal rookie year in 2013. However, he tore his ACL and Chip Kelly essentially is the one with everything to lose here, as you never know how an NFL player will respond to such a devistating injury such as that one.

We got a proven NFL commodity in LeSean McCoy. A bona fide game changer. He was fazed out of Kelly's "razzle dazzle" gimmick college offense that teams eventually caught up with throughout last season. We lose Spiller, which in my opinion, is no great loss. For every one "big play" Spiller broke, there were probably around ten plays CJ was either caught in the backfield for a loss, or wasn't on the field period because the oldest RB in the league was better on the field than he was.

Save the story about "who's McCoy running behind" because Fred and Boobie, when they had opportunities, made the most of theirs while CJ was either injured or taking 5 yd losses.

Good luck Kiko, I wish him nothing but the best. But we had the third best Defense in the NFL without him, and probably the biggest reason we missed the playoffs last year was because we lacked offensive difference makers. We now have one...

Now, we need a quarterback. Stay tuned...

That offensive difference maker for the Eagles won't be the same in Buffalo if the FO doesn't finally upgrade that line this off season. Just like Lynch was criticized for not hitting the hole / crease when there was none. The guy made his yards in Buffalo dragging three defenders on him.

Spiller was never an up the gut, ground and pound RB the way Hackett / Marrone tried to utilize him. There was a reason why he was always wanting to bounce it outside because there was no opening, and he got tired of trying to run thru his linemen. Even Freddy had a difficult time last year playing behind one of the worst lines in the NFL.

It won't matter who the RB or QB is in Buffalo if the FO doesn't make serious changes at OG, RT! Going on three years now, and all I can wonder is if Whaley will ever get this area fixed properly.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.