Tedy Bruschi vs Lawyer Milloy

He didn't have that great of a season.

He is paid to get to a super bowl and win it.

A multimillionaire crying poverty never evoked much sympathy from me.

This comment is way out of line and disrespects the organization and its fans.

If you are going to make comment like that, does that mean the super bowl is not important to him? If he takes a pay cut, will that be one less mercades he can buy for his kids? Poor guy.

What this does is that it makes a fool out of tom donahoe who is now seen as someone who catered to the greedy desires of a selfish player and this can serve as symbolism for the exact opposite of the model now set by the patriots who don't give huge contracts and still win super bowls.

I'd have alot more problems with Lawyer Milloy if he wasn't one of the guys on the team giving the most.

At the end of the day, Lawyer Milloy owes ALOT more to his family than the Buffalo BILLS or their fans.  Just as each of us do with ours and the companies we work for.

231436[/snapback]

This really scares me.

I would love to see milloy cut because of this.

Yeah, that may be drastic, but break it down.

The patriots win because no one player is more important than the team.

Donahoe has done a good job, but the last couples years we really haven't had that team concept. I can point to the mcgahee-henry strife at the outset of the season, as an example. Our team squabbles too much.

Too many individuals.

Look at the Pats. They won 3 out of the last four SBs not because of players like milloy and law (obviously) but because they play as a team.

Lawyer's comments tell me that he doesn't want any part of the team concept.

I'm sorry i know this post will be flamed and argued, but these comments just really burn me up. Lawyer should not be able to get away with comments like this.

Good point, this kind of scares me.

231456[/snapback]

C'mon man.

That number is more due to a guy named willis, then it does for lawyer.

U really want to argue that?

231478[/snapback]

The two are not mutually exclusive and if you don't think replacing Coy Wire with Lawyer Milloy in the secondary made a SIGNIFICANT difference then there is little point in furthering this discussion.

The two are not mutually exclusive and if you don't think replacing Coy Wire with Lawyer Milloy in the secondary made a SIGNIFICANT difference then there is little point in furthering this discussion.

231485[/snapback]

No i hear ya.

I'm not saying milloy isn't a great player.

He really is. And he did make a big difference. My point is that u can win without great players who publically embarass ur organization like he did with those comments.

U think bellicheck would put up with that?

I think sending a message right now, about this incident, is very important in

drilling the 'team' attitude into these guys skulls. That is all i'm saying.

Cutting him obviously is a drastic measure. But there just needs to be some kind of repercussion. I mean .. what is next? Macgahee making comments of this nature? Losman? Milloy is a veteran on a team full of young players. He is the absolute last player to make comments like this and should be setting an example!

No i hear ya.

I'm not saying milloy isn't a great player.

He really is. And he did make a big difference. My point is that u can win without great players who publically embarass ur organization like he did with those comments.

U think bellicheck would put up with that?

I think sending a message right now, about this incident, is very important in

drilling the 'team' attitude into these guys skulls. That is all i'm saying.

Cutting him obviously is a drastic measure. But there just needs to be some kind of repercussion. I mean .. what is next? Macgahee making comments of this nature? Losman? Milloy is a veteran on a team full of young players. He is the absolute last player to make comments like this and should be setting an example!

231500[/snapback]

I don't care too much about what they say in the media. I care alot about what they do on Sunday afternoon and whether they are respected by their teammates. Lawyer Milloy plays hard every snap and is respected by his teammates. The media reports what they want how they want it - they create controversy and people lap it up like a dog on an August walk in Texas laps up hose water.

Cut him? Yeah, so I can watch friggin' Coy Wire and Ike Reese flounder all over the field? That'll ensure free agents want to come to Buffalo.

Lawyer Milloy refused to take a pay cut, saying he can't feed a family with Super Bowl rings.  Tedy Bruschi took $2mil a year when he could have gotten 3 times as much on the open market.  He'll settle for eating Kraft mac & cheese...and becoming a part of NFL history.

What hope do the Bills have of ever catching the Pats when we have players who think like Milloy?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...348/1007/SPORTS

PTR

230306[/snapback]

Lawyer can sell his $80K earings if he needs some TV dinners to feed the kids....

I would love to see milloy cut because of this.

Yeah, that may be drastic, but break it down.

do you think Marv should have cut thurman, andre and bruce when they were causing sh*tstorms in the media every other week?

Please note that I said cutting him would be a drastic measure and shouldn't be done. And yeah Coy wire may not have been the best guy to replace him, but u can find adequete replacements. Hell, Bellichek sure can.

U don't hear him complaining about losing stars.

Ty law? Did anyone miss him on super sunday? TO had a big game, but the pats still won. And correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it milloy who took out losman for the season:? how do you know every1 respects him?

Do you have all the players on speed-dial?

And as far as the media goes, u don't really have to try to hard to make a controversy out of comments like these. U can blame the media if u want, but u are only kidding yourself. Milloy should have known better. This is not in any, way, shape or form, the media's fault.

In fact it is just the opposite. One of the best parts of the SB pregame show was an interview with coach bellichek, talking about what the biggest difference was between the guy who got fired by the browns, and the guy who won three rings.

He said the biggest difference was that he became more aware of how off-the-field issues can affect on-the-field performance. He said that being more aware of these kind of situations is what made a big difference in his coaching style.

Comments like these can have an adverse effect on a team and cause distractions.

And if u don't concede that, then there is no point in continuing this discussion.

I don't care too much about what they say in the media.  I care alot about what they do on Sunday afternoon and whether they are respected by their teammates.  Lawyer Milloy plays hard every snap and is respected by his teammates.  The media reports what they want how they want it - they create controversy and people lap it up like a dog on an August walk in Texas laps up hose water.

Cut him?  Yeah, so I can watch friggin' Coy Wire and Ike Reese flounder all over the field?  That'll ensure free agents want to come to Buffalo.

231508[/snapback]

Comparing apples and oranges.

This is a different era.

Plus .. how many hall-of-famers are on the pats roster this year?

1 .. maybe 2?

Deion Branch won the super bowl MVP.

Is he going to the hall of fame?

do you think Marv should have cut thurman, andre and bruce when they were causing sh*tstorms in the media every other week?

231519[/snapback]

Please note that I said cutting him would be a drastic measure and shouldn't be done. And yeah Coy wire may not have been the best guy to replace him, but u can find adequete replacements. Hell, Bellichek sure can.

This happens everytime a team wins a SB. Their coach can do no wrong and everyone else can do no right. The Pats are hardly the infallible team everyone makes them out to be - their simply less infallible than everyone else this season. 2 years ago, was BB a genius when his team didn't make the playoffs?

U don't hear him complaining about losing stars.

Why complain? It isn't going to change anything. I didn't hear MM complaining about the hand he was dealt, either.

Ty law? Did anyone miss him on super sunday? TO had a big game, but the pats still won.

The Pats would have missed him ALOT more had TO been healthy.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it milloy who took out losman for the season:?

You're wrong. It was Troy Vincent.

how do you know every1 respects him?

Call it a hunch. :blink:

And as far as the media goes, u don't really have to try to hard to make a controversy out of comments  like these. U can blame the media if u want, but u are only kidding yourself. Milloy should have known better. This is not in any, way, shape or form, the media's fault.

Ooh, controversy. Guess what? Most teams requir adversity to succeed. Everyone is bitching today about Philly not taking the disrespect of the media to heart. The "Bickering BILLS" media frenzy brought the team closer together. It has little to do with the comments and much to do with how the team reacts to them.

In fact it is just the opposite. One of the best parts of the SB pregame show was an interview with coach bellichek, talking about what the biggest difference was between the guy who got fired by the browns, and the guy who won three rings.

He said the biggest difference was that he became more aware of how off-the-field issues can affect on-the-field performance. He said that being more aware of these kind of situations is what made a big difference in his coaching style.

Which can be pointed directly back at himself and not his players - who weren't the problem in Cleveland where the media was concerned. He was his own worst enemy, which is why he is vanilla guy now, instead of pissed off guy in disgusting orange sweater.

Comments like these can have an adverse effect on a team and cause distractions.

And if u don't concede that, then there is no point in continuing this discussion.

231549[/snapback]

What distractions? The BILLS didn't have a game the week Milloy made the comments and there will be little carryover to next season anyway. Much ado about nothing, as usual.

This happens everytime a team wins a SB. 

231571[/snapback]

Happens more often when they win three

Ooh, controversy.  Guess what?  Most teams requir adversity to succeed.  Everyone is bitching today about Philly not taking the disrespect of the media to heart.  The "Bickering BILLS" media frenzy brought the team closer together.  It has little to do with the comments and much to do with how the team reacts to them.

Yeah the patriots were on the front pages of all the tabloids this year getting their "required adversity"

Which can be pointed directly back at himself and not his players - who weren't the problem in Cleveland where the media was concerned.  He was his own worst enemy, which is why he is vanilla guy now, instead of pissed off guy in disgusting orange sweater.

What distractions?  The BILLS didn't have a game the week Milloy made the comments and there will be little carryover to next season anyway.  Much ado about nothing, as usual.

231571[/snapback]

Yeah he is a vanilla guy who gave that kind of attitude to his team.

I think our organization can learn from this.

We can go back and forth on this all night/day.

I think it comes down to us feeling differently on the affect that these kind of issues can have on the lockerroom and whether or not that translates to on-the-field play.

Are these comments a huge distraction right now?

of course not.

Can they have an affect when the season starts?

Maybe, maybe not.

My bottom-line point is that this kind of crap needs to be nipped in the bud.

If these public comments go unpunished, i do think they can have a negative effect on the overall attitude of a team that should be focused on winning the super bowl.

I don't want the young players thinking it's ok to pop off to the media like that.

I'll just end my portion of the argument there.

It's clear that we are not going to change each other's minds.

Yeah the patriots were on the front pages of all the tabloids this year getting their "required adversity"

I guess losing both starting corners and being forced to play two rookies and a WR in the secondary is par for the course?

At the end of the day, no team that lives/dies by media comments by anyone is ever going to be a champion.

Yeah he is a vanilla guy who gave that kind of attitude to his team.

I think our organization can learn from this.

231629[/snapback]

We've got our own vanilla guy already. MM faced some pretty serious comments from RW after the rocky start the team was on, yet he stayed the course and the team responded. Not unlike a pretty special group about 15 years ago. The question remains whether they take the next step - which won't ever be decided in the media. Only on the field.

Milloy had a big contract but was not living up to it. This is why BB asked for him to restructure. he decieded not to so he was cut. it was not that they did not want to pay it

Ty law a a big contract but NE paid him because he was playing up to it, The problem this year is Ty Law wanted to redo it with a 20 mil bonus and the Pats said no

Like I said before not every player in the Pats locker room was sad to see him cut. Surprised yes but not sad..