You know what's really dissappointing

After reading this board for the last couple of weeks I've come to the following conclusions.

Two moofs are running for President, both are complete and utter puppets of their party. Both have positions on issues that are hugely important to all of us and we may never know what they really are. Both parties are fiscally irresponsible and morally barren. This entire election is a rolling series of talking points . Lobbyists and special interests control Washington. I hate what the political process has become. Both sides lie to us all on a daily basis and use the media to manipulate us.

If you need proof that the system is on the brink, watch the speech of that disingenuous fruitcake Zell Miller. What an embarassment to both parties.

Is there any hope that this will ever change?

I fear, Mike, that it will get worse before it gets better. But a lot of this has to do with people's priorities. We tend to overlook accounting mishaps when planes fly into buildings because we suddenly care most about stopping the planes, and if we can do that, we feel like we're ahead of the game.

And because the average person's attention span lasts as long as it takes to vote for your favorite singer on American Idol, it will take an uber-clusterfug of epic proportions by either party to move people to search for options.

I fear, Mike, that it will get worse before it gets better. But a lot of this has to do with people's priorities. We tend to overlook accounting mishaps when planes fly into buildings because we suddenly care most about stopping the planes, and if we can do that, we feel like we're ahead of the game.

And because the average person's attention span lasts as long as it takes to vote for your favorite singer on American Idol, it will take an uber-clusterfug of epic proportions by either party to move people to search for options.

17421[/snapback]

Spoken like a true American? Once again, you gotta "shake it off". One can't let it rule your life and impair your judgement. Death happens, there are a lot of nasty things out there. Let's not make the same mistakes over and over again. Running around, go off half cocked, shouting "remember 911, 911" is not the answer.

So again, let me see? I go to work and get cut off by a car with a cat in it! How dare that pet!... I think I will go home and kick my cat!

Where can I get an anti-aircraft gun to defend our fair cities? <_<

Gotta go, I think I see one coming close?

Let's not make the same mistakes over and over again. Running around, go off half cocked, shouting "remember 911, 911" is not the answer.

Right or wrong, I'm of the mindset that if you fail to remember the events of 9/11, we WILL make the same mistakes again. Not specifically from a politician's standpoint...but moreso from a basic, average American's standpoint.

Right or wrong, I'm of the mindset that if you fail to remember the events of 9/11, we WILL make the same mistakes again. Not specifically from a politician's standpoint...but moreso from a basic, average American's standpoint.

17553[/snapback]

You don't have to forget, just not let it consume you.

Good Luck raising kids.