My thoughts on the game last night

34-78-83

Cool...  I know you've heard it before but I'm telling you there is a distinct change in his setup as well as in his play-action game. Wyche is making a difference. Now it's up to Drew to keep at it.

17576[/snapback]

Come now! Drew has had AMAZING coaches before who couldn't do a thing with him. What makes you think a bum like Wyche could help him? :sarcasm:

Cool...  I know you've heard it before but I'm telling you there is a distinct change in his setup as well as in his play-action game. Wyche is making a difference. Now it's up to Drew to keep at it.

17576[/snapback]

In '96 under Parcells, The Drewfather made it his mission to become a good play-action passer. He was terrific at it that one year, leading the Pats to SB 31. He never put the time or effort in on it again, which was too bad - he made himself a good play-action passer when he worked at it.

Laziness - or more accurately, doing the bare minimum - has always been DB's downfall. With Wyche riding him, perhaps that's the prescription to get him back to his previous level of established mediocrity.

(Sorry - couldn't resist!) <_<

Guest Guesteroo
Yes, yes, yes. You are so good at gloom and doom and never have anything positive to say that you clearly MUST be one of us. Please join us, Guestaroo, as you have all the makings of one of us. You say things that rile up the Bills fan, and they usually are words containing little more than three syllables at a time with no value whatsoever.

Soon, oh so soon, we will all be victorious and laugh at all the Bills fans.

That is, until we start losing, at which time we'll all disappear faster than Ricky Williams being called in for another drug test.

17462[/snapback]

NO, NO!!!. . . I'll never join you. I'll never join the dark side. . . never!

You're not my father!

NO, NO!!!. . . I'll never join you. I'll never join the dark side. . . never!

You're not my father!

17600[/snapback]

Ok, Ok that was actually funny ;)

But get the flock out of here nonetheless <_<

In '96 under Parcells, The Drewfather made it his mission to become a good play-action passer.  He was terrific at it that one year, leading the Pats to SB 31.  He never put the time or effort in on it again, which was too bad - he made himself a good play-action passer when he worked at it.

Laziness - or more accurately, doing the bare minimum - has always been DB's downfall.  With Wyche riding him, perhaps that's the prescription to get him back to his previous level of established mediocrity.

(Sorry - couldn't resist!) <_<

17597[/snapback]

So Drew was a good play-action passer back in 1996 (and 1997 I'd suspect), but not AFTER that? Hmmm, wonder why THAT is? Oh wait a minute, it's because it's ALWAYS DREW'S FAULT. Sorry, the excuse generator went on the fritz there for a minute.

So Drew was a good play-action passer back in 1996 (and 1997 I'd suspect), but not AFTER that?  Hmmm, wonder why THAT is?  Oh wait a minute, it's because it's ALWAYS DREW'S FAULT.  Sorry, the excuse generator went on the fritz there for a minute.

17654[/snapback]

Wonder why that is? BECAUSE THAT ONE YEAR HE WORKED AT IT.

His play-passing hasn't been good since then.

Wonder why that is?  BECAUSE THAT ONE YEAR HE WORKED AT IT.

17693[/snapback]

I have to agree with Mike here, I really don't know from his years in NE, but here his PA left much to be desired.

He kind of turned his body without really selling the handoff and he fooled no one in the process.

It's nice to hear he's improving the little details like this one.

Wonder why that is?  BECAUSE THAT ONE YEAR HE WORKED AT IT.

17693[/snapback]

So the inference is that his play-action passing was what led them to the SB? WEll his stats were as good, if not better, in 1997, when he had Curtis Martin. See you need a running game to be able to sell the play-action.

So the inference is that his play-action passing was what led them to the SB?  WEll his stats were as good, if not better, in 1997, when he had Curtis Martin.  See you need a running game to be able to sell the play-action.

17726[/snapback]

I agree. But when you have a running game, you can't just run the play action. You have to sell it. There are times he does it well...but not consistently, and I think his reputation precedes him because of his early successes.

Nonetheless, the key here is he WAS better when he worked on things. Apparently, now, he's got that guidance again. It seems to translate well so far, based on the preseason, but I've been bit in the ass by successful preseasons before, so I only give that a bit of weight.

Need more proof? Pudding coming up...one week from tomorrow.

Thank ya Jeezus...