Still name calling

checkmate

Can someone tell me why there is still all this name calling on the political board? I thought this was for intelligent discourse on topics. I watched Bush's speech last night and Kerry's last month. What I saw were two visions of America that actually fit neatly in the perspectives of their respective parties. This is a classic political race involving equally polarized parts of the electorate. As the candidates, by telling us about themselves (and ignoring the name calling of each other--by the way, Kerry is not a communist and Bush is not a fascist), you can merely have to choose in this election whether you believe in Democratic domestic and foreign policy or Republican domestic and foreign policy.

I suspect the moderates out there actually torn. Many moderates want the domestic policy of Kerry and the foreign policy of Bush. However, the Liberterian moderates want Bush's domestic policy and Kerry's foreign policy.

This election is way too close to call.

Can someone tell me why there is still all this name calling on the political board?  I thought this was for intelligent discourse on topics.

17322[/snapback]

Because name calling is pretty much all people here are capable of. "Intelligent discourse"...yeah, right. :P