Schefter on Music City Miracle Play---Undisputed Forward Lateral...

Big Turk

the footage starting at around the 1:12 mark of this angle shows that it was going backwards, or at the very least, on a straight parallel line.

Yea that's the angle that always stuck with me. if I were the red under the hood and saw that there's no way I overturn the call on the field. And with replay refs are more inclined to let things play out and then review them afterwards, which I like, so I don't fault them for not calling it during the game. It is very very close, if it's foreard its not by much. I don't give Schefters eye witness account any more credibility that the video I can see for myself. I just never felt like we were cheated out of anything. Horrible turn of events? Definitely. But no mistakes made by the officials.

The problem with the replay review is that the camera was on the 20 yard line, which created the optical illusion that it may have been a lateral. It obviously wasn't, and the fact that Schefter saw it from the 25 yard line (where it happened) confirms this.

And the fact that we're still arguing about this 15 years later confirms that our beloved team has sucked for the last 15 years