window tinting

zevo

Just bought a new car and want to tint the windows...never done it before...so my question to the western new yorkers is have you ever been hassled by law enforcement regarding your tint....i live in east amherst....good idea or bad idea? Thoughts? if recommended who does the best tinting locally. thanks

I used to tint my car over and over again.

Had limo all the way around. The cops will absolutely hassle you over the front windows.

Most window tint places won't even let you tint the front windows illegally.

If you do find a place however, and you do get a ticket, just strip the tint off the window within 24 hours and take the vehicle to the police station and show them that you have fixed the illegal window and they will throw out the ticket. Or at least they used to about 15 years ago. I used to do this at least once a month.

As far as where to go, I couldn't tell you. I used to go to a place called Artech Auto Tint. It was a all shop on transit near the 90 where all the storage garages were. I don't think they are in business anymore though.

One of the Bills was stopped for illegal tinting and was cited for 'small' quantities of pot. Yes they do stop people.

You could try to have electronic tinting installed and turn it off when driving; never heard of a parked car being stopped.

There is some made by SDS so you know it has to be good.

I wonder if there is market for teams to sell with logos?

I have 37% on the front windows of my SUV with 20% in the rear (rear is legal, front isn't). My wife has 37% all around her car. Enough to darken it up a bit and keep the harsh light out but not enough for the cops to care about us. Haven't been pulled over with it on for 7 years. If you're going for the dark look you'll want at least 20% though which will make you stand out.

My trooper buddy says he'll give a tint ticket instead of a speeding or moving violation if someone isn't being an !@#$, so it can actually help you save some cash in certain situations.

If you can't find a good place in Buffalo check out this guy in Rochester. High quality and by far the cheapest price I was able to find. May actually be worth the drive depending on the quotes you can get in Buffalo.

http://www.lindsaywindowtinting.com/